Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My oldest daughter got sick today at school. She was fine this morning as we got ready for school and on the ride there. She did say her throat hurt this morning, but she wasnt running any fever and said that she felt fine. I just thought that maybe it was her allergies acting up that may have caused the sore throat. She got sick about an hour in to school. Bless her heart, she got sick in her classroom and then again in the hallway on her way to the bathroom. Her Daddy went and picked her up at school. (Mommy started a new job today!) I made her an appointment to see the doctor. Our doctor thinks that she got sick because she took her seizure med. on an empty stomach. She was fine after she got sick, and has been fine since, except she did have one episode of diarrhea, and I dont know if thats because this may very well be a little tummy bug, or if it was because they ate Chic-fil-a for lunch ................. fast food always gives me the runs ............ Anywho, I am dealing well with all of this, thats not my point of this post this time. I am worried about my daughter getting treated differently by her classmates now. She said they were grossed out. Now I afraid my child is gonna be remembered for v'ing in class on the second day of school in 6th grade. I mean, what if some of her classmates are emet? I remember how I was in the 6th grade. So far my daughter doesnt seem to broken up about it, but I am just wondering how everyone is going to react to her tomorrow, because, unless she gets sick again or runs fever, she will probally go back tomorrow.

Edited by: jennyleigh1975

I'm sorry your daughter was not feeling well. Chances are, it will not be a big deal with her classmates. Most people don't think too much about v*. I hope all works out okay.
    BTW, good for you for handling things so well, and congrats on your new job!

Sorry about your daughter..hope she feels better...I think her classmates will always remember what happened..but it won't change the way they feel about her..Especially with her friends..they'll understand!!...ALL children do it..they'll justshare similiarstories...My oldest daughter is in the 1st grade...but when she was in Kindergarten..a classmate of hers V* by her..I don't think it bothered her too much...(it didn't change they way she felt about her classmate either)..she knows how much I Don't like it..so when I picked her up that day..that was the first thing she told me...I asked her if it got on her shoes..she said no..but of course I had to sterilize her shoes.... she loved those shoes..so she wouldn't let me throw them away...How do you handle V* situations when your children are sick?...I'll like tips from other moms & dads...I feel sooo bad when my girls are sick because I leave them alonewith just a bucket...& go to another room..they tell me when they're done...[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]...help me from doing this to my girls!!!UUGGHHH!!!

Don't worry- in grade 2, I got sick in front of the ENTIRE SCHOOL at church- and then in grade 3 AND in grade 4, got sick in the classroom. Yep, the other kids remember it, but they really don't make that big a deal of it. Kids tend to understand that vomiting isn't something that you can necessarily control. One or two may make catty comments about it, but every classroom has a Hitler who exists purely to make the other kids miserable. If your daughter isn't worrying about it, I wouldn't either- besides, she has probably seen other kids in her class vomit in the past, and didn't make that big a deal of it herself.

How's the new job going?

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I teach 7th and 8th grade students and honestly, they never seem to really care when someone gets sick...strangely, they think it is cool or funny. Even with the goofiness of middle school kids, it always dies down. Believe me, tomorrow some kid will have two different shoes on, or toilet paper stuck to their shoe, or some other catastrophe that will take the place of your daughters.

Hope she is feeling better now.
    *Amy*

I remember in Kindergarten this one kid got sick in front of the whole class...I thought that it was nasty and I freaked out. When he came back to school I tried to stay away from him, but that could have been because EVERY FREAKIN DAY on the playground he would chase me...weirdo. ANyway years later we ended up going to the same highschool together and riding the same car to school everyday and I didn't think much of him getting sick. Except for the one day when he got sick at school and had to ride in the same van home with us. I curled up, put my head phones on full and closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. I was the last person to be dropped off so that was a hellish ride for me. But in every grade except 6th one kid or another would get sick in class and I didn't hate them or treat them differently...I was a little more cautious around them but I'm an emet.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Well, I am pretty sure that my daughter has just got a tummy bug. She only v'd that one time, but she has had 3 or 4 more bouts of diarrhea ........... I mean true diarrhea. So I am keeping her home from school tomorrow, she will be staying with her Papa. Now ........... I am getting kinda anxious, because this does seem to be a bug.

AWWWW--I'm so sorry this is happening! Poor girl!

I really hope the kids in school aren't going to be buttheads to her! If they are, they will soon forget about it and she can have a good, peacefulyear at school. I v* in the first grade, and to my knowledge, I wasn't made fun of afterwards. It was just on that one day that it happened, they were grossed out. Especially Rhonda, since it was all over her feet!![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I do hope she feels better and that your whole family stays healthy!!

Also---Congrats on the new job!! How do you like it??Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Well, my new job isnt really anything all that spectacular, but its something for me to do whist the children are in school. I am working for the Probation office here in the town where we live. Its interesting, but not what I want to do for the rest of my life.

As for my daughter, she says she feels fine, but she is still having diarrhea. I just hope that the rest of us stay well!!!! I really hope that the children in her class dont treat her like an outcast when she goes back to school. Its funny, but my oldest child was not the one I thought would v* in class, lol!!

HI Jennyleigh, Most kids will forget, unless there are emets around like us! I of course remember every episode of someone getting sick in class complete with first and last names but most of them were my friends and I never held it against them. I'm sure most kids will experience a genuine concern that she is okay instead of trying to avoid her. I hope she is feeling better now. Take care!!

I am so sorry, maybe it was her medication on an empty stomach, I did that once and had the WORST d* all night long!!! I hope it isn't a bug and that the rest of your family (you especially [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]) GOod job staying so calm and rational!

hi

sorry your daughter is sick. I am a teacher and have had a few v* incidents to deal with. I teach in England years 7-13 (im not sure what that is in America but its age 11-19). Whenever a child has v* (whether in my lesson or earlier in the day) my lesson plan goes out of the window and its all the kids can think about. The next day however, its all forgotten about as something more interesting has come along.

I remember back to my school days and remember my friend throwing up all over my other friend while we were in the reception class (age 5). We are 22 now and we still talk about it - even me who is emet finds the whole situation amusing.

I hope she gets better soon

PS

I meant to add, none of us think any less of the girl who got sick

Leigh, you know i'm thinking of you!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Well, my oldest daughter went back to school today. She said that the boys in her class picked on her ......... things like, Oooo, Maggie barfed ........ yada yada, ect ....... Maggie didnt seem to broken up about it though. Im glad that she didnt let it get to her. As for the girls in her class ......... one asked her if she was feeling better,ect ..... and one told her not to get too close to her that she had plans this weekend and didnt want to get sick. I think everyone in the school knows about Maggie getting sick. (They go to a small school, only 325 students.) I know EVERYONE doesnt know, but I had a bunch of people asking me about Maggie this morning when I was dropping them off at school!!!!

Well, that's good that she didn't let it get to her! Good for her. (I could use some pointers[img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]) Hopefully, she won't always be remembered for this incident or haunted by it. Kids can be mean...but from the sounds of it, she's handling it quite well!!
    Anger is just <font color=RED>love </font> disappointed

it\'s an addiction.