Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Here's what it consists of:

7 days of 20 vitamins per day, 10 w/breakfast and 10 w/dinner. Regular diet, but no coffee (yes, I am going crazy!!!!!)

After that, the 4 days of this juice mixture, four times a day. Drink tons of water, and consume no food. AAAHHHH!!!!! This juice stuff expands in the intestines and all the ickies in there stick to it and are expelled by pooping alot of weird-looking stuff.

Then, 3 days of the vitamins again at breakfast and dinner. During this las stage, I can start eating again, but need to start light with steamed veggies, then slowly start adding protein. The vitamins will restore the good bacteria also during this stage.

I just started on Sunday, and weighed myself before starting. If any of you are curious about the process, I will keep updating throughout the process.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

sounds cool, keep us updated
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I will---I hope it works!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

This sounds interesting-please do update!

WAAHHHHH that sounds like too much to sacrifice to me!! I can't cope without at least one coffee a day!! Well done though for giving it a go - I think i'd prefer to go for the colonic hydrotherapy route myself!! Keep it up and less us know how you get on!![img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Yeah, i'd like to hear more about this too...keep us updated on your progress!!!! You are brave!!!

Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Thanks for all the encouragement--I do appreciate it!! I will let you know how the 2nd phase goes next week........

[img]smileys/smilies_30.gif[/img]---I need COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I'd like to hear how it works out, so please keep us updated!

But...no coffee??? I'm sorry, but that is such a foreign concept to me, I'm not really sure I understand. No...none....zero....coffee? Umm....oohh...that would be bad.

NO coffee or food? GAH!! I would die!![img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

I've heard of how healthy colon cleansing is, and I wish I had the will power to do it. Keep us posted on how things go. Good luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by marieb73
    I'd like to hear how it works out, so please keep us updated!

But...no coffee??? I'm sorry, but that is such a foreign concept to me, I'm not really sure I understand. No...none....zero....coffee? Umm....oohh...that would be bad.

YES, VEERRRYY bad!! [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

The next phase, which starts on sunday, is the part where I'll have interesting looking stuff come out of me! I'll try not to get too scared[img]smileys/smilies_10.gif[/img]!!

I will keep you all posted.....
    ~*~Charlene~*~

What is the purpose of this colon cleanings stuff??
    I love Sam

Quote Originally Posted by rubysoho120

What is the purpose of this colon cleanings stuff??

It is to flush out all of the bad bacteria from my intestines, bowels and colon. Then the good bacteria gets replenished. It's supposed to make you feel refreshed and boost your energy. There's also a possibly of losing weight because it alsso flushes out all the poop that's sitting in your body (sorry-gross). I start the no eating/juice part tomorrow.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

UPDATE~~~

I'm just getting through the 2nd day of the juice/no solid food part. let me tell you guys--this isn't an emet-friendly thing to do!

The juice tastes like rotten banana, ground up with the peel and cardboard. When it's mixed, it's watery, but toward the bottom of the glass, it has the consistency of applesauce. The taste is bad enough, then the consistency makes it worse! I have to plug my nose when i drink it, it is SOOOOOO bad!! I know what the people feel like on FEAR FAVTOR now! I do this 4 times/day, and I have 2 more days left. Tonight I made dinner for my hubby and daughter, and it looked and smelled so good! UGH!!! 2 more days!Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Charlene -

Have you started having the 'effects' from this phase yet? How bad is it? When I was in the hospital last week, I ended up having to be 'cleansed' the hard way from a blocked bowel, so have been considering cleansing since then to try and get all the gunk out of my system, just not too sure yet. Does it make you feel ill like if you have the flu or is it more like taking a laxative?

Thanks!

Yeah, how's it going now? Have you had anything interesting coming out of you[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]i still say you are very brave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate

No kidding I agree. That sounds good, but totally crazy! hehe. Hope all goes well for you and everything, you're in my prayers :-)
    \"A life without love is no life at all.\"

Well, the weird thing is, all through the 1st phase of just the vitamins, with regullar food, I was really regular, which was great!

Now though, I'm into my 3rd day of the 2nd phase, and no poop in 3 days! My stomach is rumbling a bit, so I think it may be getting ready for the actual cleansing part. The juice sticks to the walls of the intestines, and is supposed to flush out all of the icky's that stick to it, but nothing yet! I'll keep you posted.......
    ~*~Charlene~*~

We'll be thinking about you in the next few days...hoping it goes well for you. I know for me, i could probably stand to do that myself, i feel like i probably have 20 yrs worth of yuck inside me, and that is what is always making me so sick and feel so bad all the time...who knows...i don't know if i would ever have the courage to do what you are doing though....i would have to give it alot of thought. Let me know how it REALLY is for you, and i might consider it sometime...i want to know if it makes you feel better afterwards, like long term...i am sure you have to do it like every so many years to keep up with things...i would guess. It makes sense, the whole cleansing thing...i have always just been too scared.
    Kate

****GROSS****

OK-I went!!! YAY!! It was weird looking, just as expected. Part of it was normal, but the other part looked weird, like a whitish-grayish colored wrinkled tube-like thing. [img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]Weird!!! But at least I know it's working now. almost makes the atrocious juice worth it!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

hahahhaa

sounds like it's doing it's thing, though, keep going =)

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    eace is the way::

W*E*I*R*D !!!!!!!!!! and **gross**

So now it (poop) looks like an intestinal lining coming out. It is no longer regular looking poop. WEIRD!!! I'm freaking out here.[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I am interested in doing the cleanse too because I saw pics on the web of what came out of people after they did it and oh my, it was gross but even grosser to think its IN me. I don't have a problem in the poop department since I had my gallbladder removed, but still, I've heard it can clear up skin, alleviate depression and anxiety and all sorts of stuff. And really, who doesn't like to think about excreting things that shouldn't be in the body. My biggest problem is I cannot go without food for long or I get cranky, and also, I'd be so afraid of finding a worm in there or some other sort of parasite. I think I'd pass out. But I hope it goes well for you, let us know what else happens, its really interesting![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img] Janna

OMG i would be freaking out too.....but i can only hope it's doing you some good. I will continue to look for your progress!!!! Good job on being so brave to do this!!!!!
    Kate

JANDUB~~~ I got VERY cranky for the first 2 days with no food. It was almost depressing!!

Thank you ALL for your encouragement and sticking with me through this. It's been rough. I only have one more juice to drink tonight, and I can start re-introducing food into my body tomorrow--I CAN'T WAIT!! I told my daughter that I'm taking her out to lunch, and I'll have a salad w/lots of veggies to replenish some nutrients. I went to the store and got lots of yogurt too. These last 3 days are for regular food and I need to take supplements 2 x daily to replenish good bacteria. Then I'm done! Not eating is HARD, especially when I make yummy, hot dinners for my hubby and daughter! I keep pooping intestine stuff, which is good, because I look at what was inside me and I'm glad it's gone! I do feel sooooo much better today now that it's coming out. I will keep you posted on the total weight loss soon.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

OK! The final verdict is in: I lost a total of 6 pounds!

I am in the last phase now, which is just replenishing the good bacteria with supplements day and night. I am through with the juices and feel great!! I feel "clear", which is the only way I can describe it.

I started eating again yesterday (WONDERFUL!!!!!!), and can start having coffee aagain on Monday (I CAN''T WAIT!!!!!!!)!

I would recommend this, because I know it works, you can see the crap (pun?) in the toilet! The ony thing I recommend is, drink the juice packet with unsweetened fruit juice, nstead of water. It really is terrible stuff, but does the job, so it's worth it!!!

YAY--I'm Done!![img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

thats soo cool i wish i could do that...did you have to poop like a lot, just when you would reguarly go...cuz i wouldnt want to do it and then have to go while i was at work, you know?>??
    I love Sam

Quote Originally Posted by rubysoho120

thats soo cool i wish i could do that...did you have to poop like a lot, just when you would reguarly go...cuz i wouldnt want to do it and then have to go while i was at work, you know?>??

I pooped a total of about 7 times in 4 days, and they weren't URGENT ones. Last night though, I had a huge one that was like applesauce consistency (sorry), with cramps. I think that happened because I just started eating yesterday after not eating for 4 days. The poop isn't d* or anything, because it's the intestinal lining stuff, so actually, it technically isn't even poop. Pretty weird, but a good thing to do.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Wow! I think I will try this! Did you have any n* or anything?

were the vitamines big? Oh, I cant take big pills. They get stuck in my throat and then I panic. My husband has to crush them for me. Actually I could crush them myself it just feels better to have him do it. Anyway, back to topic, were they all the same or where they different?