Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Full time

Im thinking maybe i need to find a full time job. I know that it will be very hard, but if its the only way i can move out, then i would rather that. for people on here that rent, do you have to have a full time job??. Im looking in the papers and everything now to see if i can find one. Theres a flat avalible, but its £500 a month,which would be very hard i think to rent at my age unless im earning enough. Maybe going for something less and finding a full time job would be a good idea. I have filled out an apllication for housing, but i know that it takes a few years to get a place. Tomorrow im ringing up the social service's again, they told me if i ever needed housing help they would get me it as i told them about the situation. Maybe getting a job would be a good step forward and getting out there. I can sit around and say how i feel for the rest of my life, but thats not going to get me anywhere lol.
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey Ruth,
    That does sound like a good first step. I personally work part time now, but I am married so we share the burden of paying stuff. Thats good that the housing service said they would help. I'm not sure how it works over there.

This is just a question, but have you thought of continuing college? Didnt you say you went but had to stop? Do you have to pay to go? I know youve thought about art and computer graphics stuff, and I bet you would be great at it.

Then again, you may need some sort of job to help pay for college if you needed to, or if you just want to work for now. I guess its just deciding which way you want to go first.

You are going to go from one extreme to the other, a full house to being alone. What about finding someone to share with to start with. share the flat share the bills.

Thanks for the replies. I know it sounds extreme, but i need to get out of my house. I could share with someone, but for one i know nobody moving out or looking for a place, and i don't want to end up with people i don't know, i wouldn't feel safe, if that makes sense. Yeah im going back to college to do a part time gcse in art and a macromedia flash course. My brothers friend is trying to get me a job on computers where he works, its about 4 nights a week, and he gets enough to pay for rent, so maybe that would be something to consider.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Have you looked into student loans? I don't know how it works in the uk, but some of them here help py for housing.

Im not sure if its different over here, thanks though for the suggestion. I think i need to look into support, im going to see socail service's tomorrow, so hopefully they will be able to help me.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

When I first moved out of my parents, I got a place on my own. Best decision I ever made. Although at first it was tough trying to manage my money, but I learned real fast what came first financially. I also thought it was a very good experience because I now know if I ever had to move out of my boyfriends (god forbid) I could do it on my own again. Go for it, there is not a better feeling then knowing hos independent you can be and know that you can take care of yourself. My only suggestion is, save up enough money just in case you somehow lose your job or something, that way you got some money tofall back on.

Quote Originally Posted by xroofusx
    Thanks for the replies. I know it sounds extreme, but i need to get out of my house. I could share with someone, but for one i know nobody moving out or looking for a place, and i don't want to end up with people i don't know, i wouldn't feel safe, if that makes sense. Yeah im going back to college to do a part time gcse in art and a macromedia flash course. My brothers friend is trying to get me a job on computers where he works, its about 4 nights a week, and he gets enough to pay for rent, so maybe that would be something to consider.

Ruth x
    That sounds like a real good plan, that way you'll have enough to keep rent and keep going, and also the time to go back to college some. Since you'll probably be in your own place, I highly recommend a pet of some sort, its real nice to have a little animal to cuddle at the end of a long day and keep you some company.

I'm a social worker where I am. I don't work for the state, but I work for an agency. Anyways, I deal very closely w/ other social services. The best advice that I can give you is: apply, apply, apply. Some housing authorities will even forward your information to other authorities. Doing this can cut your wait time down from 3-5 years, down to 1-1.5. Also, look into your Department of Transitional Assistance... Welfare.. whatever it is over there. Sometimes they have programs that cut the cost of continuing education (college) SIGNIFICANTLY. However, there are likely to be stipulations, such as: attendance or academic standards.

Hope that helped a little, or gave you some ideas

GL
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

Thanks for the replies and advice[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Also thank you for the ideas!!. I spoke to my mum about it today, she keeps saying she dosn't want me to go as she will be left alone with my dad and brother, but the thing is, i do want to stay with her, but i don't want to grow up in this lifestyle. If she got a full time job, and i got work then we could probaly afford a place together, but she said she is to stressed to get a different job, but i don't understand as if she got a new job and moved out, then she will be happier where she is living[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]. But i told her, it is my choice now im 17 and im coming up to 18 soon, she then told me her friend she works with had said to her, if i ever needed to rent a room in her house im more then welcome to[img]smileys/smilies_03.gif[/img], so that was really good to hear, she only lives like 5 mintures away so i could still see all my friends and mum everday, she lives on her own her friend and she has a 3 bed house, so i would get a room, she's also got the internet so i could still come on here!! yay lol. So i've applied for some jobs today, like doing some night work, so i could still do my college course. So im going to first try and find a job and then speak to my mums friend about it.

Ruth x
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Hey Ruth, I got your pm too, and that sounds great! I bet you wouldnt have to pay as much either for just a room as opposed to a whole flat. I am glad things are looking up, that sounds like a great plan.