Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

My hubby just called me and said he just v*d three times. He was fine this morning when he left for work, but I guess on his way there he v*d twice then again when he got there. He is coming home now and I am scared to death. I know I can't deal with v* and a one month old. He was totally fine this morning, was hungry and everything. He had a bowl of cereal for breakfast, then a couple of hours later, he ate some leftovers from dinner last before going into work. We both ate the dinner last night and were fine (it was Hamburger Helper) and it didn't sit out very long so I don't think it was that. I am so scared right now! What could it be? He hasn't had d* as far as I know. And it hit so fast! I didn't kiss him this morning, but who knows how careful I was about touching my face and everything. And he held the baby this morning and kissed her, then I kissed her afterwards, so I guess that's kind of like kissing? I hope neither one of us gets this. I am shaking so bad right now. Help!

is there anything going aroung your area that you know of at the moment? where in the US are you?

It may be nothing, I would just practice good cleaning and try to stay away from close contact with him until hes feeling better. You will be fine!

If it hit him that fast then just maybe his tummy didn't like the leftovers and wanted to get rid. It doesn't sound like he has a bug or anything. The food which was fine last night might not of been fine this morning.

AWWW-sorry!!

Well, I would just take the precautions you'd take as if it were a sv*, especially now thatyou have a newborn. It could be anything. If it is a sv*, it may very well move throigh his system fast, like 12 hours or so, which is possiblle.

I do hope he feels better soon and that you and baby are Ok.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

He v*d again when he got home, but he said not much came up just a huge burp. He said it all started when he was driving and burped and **maybe graphic** he could kind of feel and taste v*. So he slowed down and pulled over and v*d. When he got home he was just purping like crazy and said he had been doing that the whole time. Maybe just indigestion? So far he hasn't had d*, he just still feels bad off and on. He hasn't v*d in about an hour or so, but again said he kind of feels like it off and on. I really hope this isn't a sv! Kayla and I have been staying upstairs. He is confined to the study and attached bathroom. I just stopped in here to update and will be heading back upstairs in a minute. I really hope whatever it is isn't contagious!

Oh no i feel so awful for you. I would be absolutely freaking out if i was in your position, i think you're handling it really well. Just try and keep calm, you don't know if he does have a bug, it could just be something he has eaten disagreeing with him. Hopefully he will feel better soon, keep your chin up babe x
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yikes, I hope he feels better soon. You and the baby should be fine. Before he left he was fine = not contagious, he hadn't been sick yet. Now he's isolated so really you would have to deliberately make an effort to catch it at this point. It is possible that hamburger helper in the morning isn't a goodidea for his tummy. Keep us posted.
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

Hope he's going to be ok, and you and the baby too. I hope it's not a sv, and that maybe the food didn't sit right with him. Keep us posted, and try not to worry too much. You and the baby stay away from him until things settle down a bit...Good luck!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

He did have some d*. He said it wasn't completely watery - yet. He doesn't have a fever or aches or anything. I really hate this!

Well, maybe he'll get it all out, and it will be gone...i hate this is happening to you all. It sucks, but i don't know what to say to make you feel better. Just try to stay calm, and concentrate on your baby. That will help keep your mind free of worry, i hope!!!! If he has no fever, no chills, and just lose stools, then maybe it's just something didn't settle right on his stomach...good luck.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Oh no...I am so sorry....what state are you in? Do you know of any sv* going around?

I live in Western New York, and there is definitely some kind of bug going around here. Curly, maybe your husband has developed reflux. My husband has this just terrible. After every meal he eats, he continuously burps, and sometimes food comes up, too. Somehow, it's not quite the same as regular v*, so it doesn't bother me. I hope he is feeling better, and that it is not a sv*.

I'm in CO and haven't heard of anything going around, but then again since I've been on maternity leave I pretty much stay at home all the time. My hubby said he doesn't know of nayone that's been sick.

Well, he hasn't v*d since that once time when he first got home. He has had watery d* now. He keeps trying to go to the bathrrom, but he says all that really comes out is a bunch of gas. What could cause him to have so much gas? COuld the gas have made him v*? He said he didn't really feel n*, he just started burping and got sick. I gave him some Mylanta Anti-Gas and I think that helped settle his stomach down - he isn't burping anymore and doesn't really feel like v*. But my theory of maybe indegestion doesn't make sense with the d*. Although, I have had time when I had so much gas I got d*.

Does this sound like a sv to any of you? I really hope not. I don't think I can take that right now if my daughter or I get it!

I may have been stupid for doing this, but I spent most of the night on my computer in the same room as my husband. He didn't v* at all while I was there and I don't think he had any more d* either. He seemed like he was feeling okay. He kept asking if I would let him hold the baby but I said no. Not until he is 100% better. But anyway, I am scared that maybe I caused myself to be more exposed by sitting here, in the office, across from him all night. He is in bed now (another place I have to go be close to him - we don't have the spare bedroom set up yet in our new house) and said he feels better. He ate a bowl of rice and has drank 2 Sprites since the last time he v*d, keeping it all down. He was even hungry for more but didn't want to push it. Please help! Do you think this is a sv? I am scared to leave the house now because it hit him so fast, I don't want to be out in public if I get it. This is so awful!

Don't worry. Just sitting in the room with him is not how you would catch it-assuming it is something contagious. As long as you wash before eating or touching your face, you will be fine. I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope your husband feels better soon.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hmmmm...it is possible it was a sv, could have been something that he just ate too. It's really hard to say. Did his stomach hurt at all?

No, his stomack never really hurt. He said it was just gassy. It was like all of the gas made him v*. I swear, he was fine when he left the house and he was v* not 5 minutes later. I really need to go run some errands but I am scared to death to leave the house in case I get it and have to v*.

He is totally fine today, jsut ate some toast and left for work. He keeps telling me he thinks the cereal and hamburger helper didn't "mix well" in his stomach. I guess maybe the mixture caused all the gas? I don't know. Now it's on to the waiting game.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

It does sound a little sv-ish with the v* and d*. I know you said he felt fine all day and then it just hit him, but I've noticed non-emets aren't nearly as aware of that tiny feeling that tells you things might be sort of off in your body as we emets are. Then again, he could have had really , really bad indigestion.

Hope you are ok!!!!

Dont panic! My Dad used to get stomach things every weekend - ok not always v*, but the gas and stuff. Sometimes people have funny digestive systems, so maybe his tummy reacted badly to something?

What were the left overs? Did you have any (leftovers - not main meal)? He might have done the man thing and not heated it up enough/heated it up when shouldnt be again(eg - chicken)

Sounds like a sensitive/man tummy. Hope so! Just keep him drinking plenty and eating bland food, maybe a cup of tea and toast or something.

Keep us all posted of his progress x

Newborns have their mother's imunity for a while after birth. I was always told that that protects them from getting sick before they can fight it. I think that is why they immediately want to see a newborn with a fever because something may be wrong. So, I think your baby has a good chance of being okay. Neither of my kids got their first sv until they were 1.

Hope you are all doing well.
    *Amy*

My hubby seems to be fine an my daughter and I are just waiting it out. I refuse to go in the bathroom her used (thank goodness we moved into our new house with three bathrooms!). My biggest problem right now is that I haven't really eaten or drank anything in about 36 hours. I was just about to eat yesterday when he called to tell me he was sick and coming home, so I lost my appetite and was afraid to eat all day after that. I know this isn't healthy for me, but at the same time I am trying to increase my milk supply so I can go back to breastfeeding my daughter. RIght now she is on formula, so she isn't affected, but in order to get my supply up I need to eat healthy and drink lots of water - which I am scared to do at the moment. I don't want to undo the progress I have made, so I need to eat something soon. I just wish I knew if this was something contagious or not, then I could eat. I also still need to run some errands but am deathly afraid of leaving the house. If it hit my hubby in 5 minutes, I don't want to be driving somewhere and have it hit me. Especially with my daughter in the car. So I guess right now we are all doing ok, except for my anxiety level of course!

Ah so sorry to hear he is sick. I would be sooo worried to especially with a new baby. Not sure if he had a sv or not but make sure you really take precautions. You really don't want your baby to get it. Keep us posted and really try to eat....it will make you feel better, and baby if she is breastfeeding.

I am such a breastfeeding advocate, I exclusively breastfed my son last year and he didn't get any of the many svs we had going around our house last winter!! If you are having milk supply issues ask your dr. if he/she will prescribe Reglan for you, it's great for milkl supply as well as being an antiemetic. If not, try marshmallow root, it's over the counter, but I had to buy mine at a health food store, or fenugreek (which never worked for me). ALso see if you can find mother's milk tea, but you have to drink SOOO much of it in order for it to work that I just use it in conjunction with other methods!

Here are some more tips:
    <H2><A name=c&#111;ntact></A>Who to contact if you suspect low milk supply</H2>

If you're concerned about your milk supply, it will be very helpful to get in touch with a La Leche League Leader or a board certified lactation consultant. If your baby is not gaining weight or is losing weight, you need to keep in close contact with her doctor, since it's possible that a medical condition can cause this. Supplementing may be medically necessary for babies who are losing weight until your milk supply increases. If supplementing is medically necessary, the best thing to supplement your baby with is your own pumped milk.

<H2><A name=causes></A>Potential causes of low milk supply </H2>

These things can cause or contribute to a low milk supply:
    <UL>
    <LI>Supplementing. Nursing is a supply &amp; demand process. Milk is produced as your baby nurses, and the amount that she nurses lets your body know how much milk is required. Every bottle (of formula, juice or water) that your baby gets means that your body gets the signal to produce that much less milk.
    <LI>Nipple confusion. A bottle requires a different type of sucking than nursing, and it is easier for your baby to extract milk from a bottle. As a result, giving a bottle can either cause your baby to have problems sucking properly at the breast, or can result in baby preferring the constant faster flow of the bottle.
    <LI>Pacifiers. Pacifiers can cause nipple confusion. They can also significantly reduce the amount of time your baby spends at the breast, which may cause your milk supply to drop.
    <LI>Nipple shields can lead to nipple confusion. They can also reduce the stimulation to your nipple or interfere with milk transfer, which can interfere with the supply-demand cycle.
    <LI>Scheduled feedings interfere with the supply &amp; demand cycle of milk production and can lead to a reduced supply, sometimes several months later rather than immediately. Nurse your baby whenever she is hungry.
    <LI>Sleepy baby. For the first few weeks, some babies are very sleepy and only demand to nurse infrequently and for short periods. Until baby wakes up and begins to demand regular nursing, nurse baby at least every two hours during the day and at least every 4 hours at night to establish your milk supply.
    <LI><

^^I love kellymom! Good for you for being a breastfeeding advocate, Donna![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

How are all of you doing now? Are you and your baby well?