Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: any men w/emet?

I have never talked to any men with it....is this more commen with women? Maybe us women are more controlling

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are somemen on the site...I'm not sure about the answers to your questions, I remember that a while back there was a thread discussing the exact same thing, maybe it's still in the search?

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

i just think men arent as open as women are about this type of thing...i have talked to about 2 or 3 men on here and that is about it!!
    ♥LIDIA&hearsts;

I'm one.

I hear from men with emet all the time who contact me about my FAQs. There are always some striking differences between men and women. It seems like there should be more men than women with emet.

Arecent survey I did on another web site asked the question, "Which of these is closest to your thoughts when you realize you might throw up soon?" with these choices:

a. The sooner the better! I want to get it over with!

b. I don't want to do it! Make the feeling go away!

c. I don't care. If it happens, it happens.

Two-thirds of men gave the emetophobic answer, b. Only 42 percent of women gave the emetophobic answer. 55 percent of women gave the least emetophobic answer, a. Only 8 percent of men did.

Every survey I have ever done has found that women vomit a lot more than men. A recent survey on another site asked, "When did you last vomit?" 65 percent of females had vomited in the past year compared with only 43 percent of males.

It seems that women as a group are more comfortable with vomiting than men are. I don't know why fewer men join emet support groups. Maybe someone should start an all-male emet support group. But not me.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see

Nice to hear from you Doug. It has been more than 7yrs for me. And I WILL DO ANYTHING to avoid it! I cant even handle it when the kids are.....my hubby takes care of it for me...then i go in after and sanitize. HE is understanding and i hope you have good support as well!

Also, I think this is very much on topic.
    To learn more about emetophobia, see