Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

MODERATOR: Hi - welcome to the site. I marked your post as "graphic" because it bothers some folks on here to read such detailed stories. Thanks for posting, though!

Ever since I can remember, I've been scared to death of v*. It might have started when I was around 3 years old. I went with my parents to a x-mas party where I proceeded to eat an entire bowl of black olives a few hours into the party. Well, when we got home that night, after I had been put to bed, I rolled over on my side and v* black olives all over my sky blue-color wall. We never got the stain out.

About 2 years later, on Valentines day, I was getting ready to go to bed after eating what seemed like a lot of chocolate. Once again, I v*, this time on the floor. My mother stayed up with me for hours. At one point I decided to make a run for the bathroom but unfortunately I didn't make it in time and I v* all over my feet. Luckily, my mom was never an emet so she always helped me through it.

However, my mom also suffered from severe migraines. Ones that got so bad that she would v* every time. I became so scared because of the noise she made when she did v* she sounded like she was in so much pain. I would always run away when I heard it, plugging my ears, hidingand getting to the point of crying.

My father didn't get sick often but when he did it sounded like there was a screaming cat trying to get out of his throat, and that made my phobia even worse. Whenever I felt sick, I would try so hard to will myself not to v* but most times it didn't work.

When I was 11 I ended up eating some bad school food. My brother was in the bathroom so I couldn't get to it, I ended up v* in the sink in our laundry room. By the time I was done, the sink was about a third of the way full and I had collapsed on the floor in pain. At least after that, my severe illnesses started growing further and further apart.

The last time I v* was when I was 16. (I'm 19 now)...Both me and my dad got food poisoning from the pork topping on our pizza. We knew it had to be that because we were the only ones who ate it. We ended upv* about 30 seconds apart, and it just never stopped. My brother was still living with my mom at the time so I ended up sleeping in his bed just so I wouldn't wake up my sister. The pain I had after I v* was unbearable. At points I would just have d.h. and it felt like my ribs and my spine were all out of place and bruised from it. This went on for 3 days and didn't get any better especially because I tried to take pepto-bismol tabs to calm my stomach and all I ended up doing was v* big pink blobs.

Now, I live with my fiancee and he does get sick a lot, and whenever he has a coughing fit, I think he's going to v* and I get so scared. I'm also scared to have children just because my mother had really bad morning sickness and she also ended up developing toximia while pregnant with me, she almost died during her c-section because her blood pressure was through the roof. I ended up staying in the hospital an extra 2 weeks because they weren't sure if I was going to end up dying or not.

So, there you have it, my lifelong story and why I'm so deathly afraid of v*. I hope that I don't v* for a long time to come, and it feels great to come on here and actually have people know how I feel! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Edited by: sage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Welcome to the site. I hope you find it useful!
    \"This too shall pass\"

Welcome, and you'll find alot of help and friends here!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

welcome !!

Welcome![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey, welcome! Everyone here is really nice. Sorry to hear your emet story, sorry to hear that anyone has to go through life with this phobia, but that's why we are all here![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]

PS - I know what you mean about the noises - that was what first scared me, seeing and hearing my mum in such pain and distress. x