Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Mini-triumph

OK, so yesterday i went shopping w/ my Mom. We went to Goodwill (I LOVE that place) and when we left I used my Purell (always feel dirty when handling clothes in stores, don't know why). We went to a couple other stores then to the grocery store for a few things. I went to the deli to get lunch meat while she went to get other stuff. Anyhow, I was talking to a lady in the deli line and she was after me so she heard I ordered turkey and was telling me about some honey-maple kind that's really good. Anyhow, my order was done and she jsut started her order then says "here try this" she had a slice ont he wax paper (you know the "is this thin enough" slice that they let you have if you're hungry) and I pulled a piece off and ate it! OMG! I hadn't washed my hands! Only purelled after the first store! I know this isn't really a big deal, before I knew sv's were transmitted via hand/mouth I didn't think about it and I know people do this ALL THE TIME but for me ... this is HUGE! Of course I'm a little worried since ... ewww and I wonder if my immune system can handle it since I don't do that regularly lol. Anyhow, thought I'd share ... I still can't believe I did that OMG!
    \"As soon as you trust yourself,you will know how to live.\"
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
    \"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.\"
    Benjamin Franklin

good job...and i'm sure you'll be fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Good for you SimplyMe! Its the small steps that help!

great job [img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    ♥Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Good job[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], im sure you will be fine. My friend the other day took me out for a drive in her car and we went to the shops and garden centre, she then went to mcdonalds and got a happy meal and ate it without washing her hands, i was sitting there thinking wow..i couldn't do that lol, but she was fine. So well done[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]it's true all the small steps will count.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

Baby steps are better than no steps at all! Congrats!