Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Does Dramamine get affected by alcohol? probably huh.</span><br style="font-family: Courier New,Courier,mono;">
    i want to take them b4 i go out clubbing, bt scared dram &amp; drinkin will affect me worse.</span></font>

Nausea is RUINING MY NIGHT LIFE</span></font> </span>[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Im 18 and live in London and the last time i went to a club i spent
    half the evening in the bathroom feeling like i was going to V. it was
    horrible, bt I didnt in the end but WTF nd its not the first time this
    has happened.</span>

<br style="font-family: Times New Roman,Times,serif;">
    Anyone else hav their evenings ruined by this??</span></font>

Does Dramamine make you sleepy? If so, it might not be a good
    thing to take with alcohol. I know what you mean about panic
    attacks ruining your nights out. All those people in there
    drinking...you start wondering if they might v* and ruin your
    night...or if someone in there has a virus and you might catch
    it....ugh! Something about movie theatres would give me panic
    attacks, I'd start feeling a little sick while watching the movie and
    then freak out about how far I was from the bathroom and whether people
    would be mad about me having to get up during the film to leave.
    It really sucks not to be able to go out and have fun! But it
    does get better, I still worry about going out but I have not had a
    panic attack while being out in a long time. Hang in there.

i have a similar problem and i end up feeling like s*** for most of the night. but when a girl would come up and talk 2 me i forget about it like that! so then i know that im thinkin to hard. maybe u should try going up and talking to other people or having other people come up and talk 2 u. for me the opposite sex is quite a cure.
    visit me here
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yes, it is. You definitely don't want to mix Dramamine and alcohol. Please read the warnings on the box carefully. Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You shouldn't take ANY antiemetic with alcohol- the reason why drinking alcohol makes you sick is because in excess, it is essentially a poison to the system. Your body throws it up, because if kept in your system to excessive amounts it can do major damage- including cause death. All those kids that you read about who die from binge drinking- a lot of it has to do with the fact that their bodies DIDN'T throw it up, to it passed through their systems and essentially killed them. Think about it- if you bring someone to the hospital for excessive alcohol consumption, the first thing they will do if they haven't been sick yet will be to pump their stomach to get it out.

You may even take one only with the intention of having one or two drinks- but even then- what if you have more? And everyone's system is different, and has different tolerances for alcohol. What will cause a mild hangover to some, can cause serious damage to others. So, you may think that you aren't having a lot to drink....but your body knows otherwise. Once you start drinking, the lines become blurred.

So, my advice to you would be to either take the dramamine or head out WITHOUT drinking any alcohol (stick to soda and the like)....or to drink alcohol, and work on the anxiety, even if it means heading out for some fresh air every half an hour. After the first few times, it will get easier. With these things, it's better not to take ANY chances.

I agree with Doug- the warnings on the box are there for a reason....anxiety can be a lot to handle, but at least in the end it won't kill you.

Cheers,

*amber*

I would get that sick feeling when clubing and it was becuase i needed
    to just let go and enjoy what was going on...sometimes i would drink a
    little, but usualy my friend just helped me and i wouldnt worry about
    all the people and people being sick, and i would just relax and shake
    my butt...but dont mix the meds with alcohol...bad idea
    I love Sam

you know, the maine reason i felt sick when out at clubs like that was the strobe lights...dramamine will make you super sleepy &amp; combine it with alcohol &amp; you'll pretty much just pass out &amp; won't have any fun at all...(i've done it myself *cringes* i was at home &amp; with trusted friends so i didn't feel unsafe but the speed at which i doped out was amazing.)

p.s. meclyzine does NOT make you less sleepy.

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    eace is the way::

I get that feeling often too... usually it's from the combination of alcohol and excitement or whatever... and all the movement of everyone dancing or whatever. I just have to get by myself for a minute, in the bathroom or whatever, and take a few deep breaths, and convince myself that I am not going to be sick... as for dramamine, which I carry a small travel pack of in my purse, I would NOT take it with alcohol. That would probably make you sick even more... just a thought I guess.
    \"A life without love is no life at all.\"