Hey, I've just been catching upreading the latest posts and a few people have mentioned eating disorders - either having one or being wrongly diagnosed cos of their emet.

Just wondering if anyone elsehas/hadone and how the two interact.As some of you will know, I have been emet since age 10 and went on to develop anorexia at 17-18. The anorexia is the biggest problem for me now - the emet is generally okay, (unless something directly happens I am not thinking about it all the time)

I am an obsessive person anyway, and where as that used to be about hand-washing and germ avoidance, now it is more focused towards calories and food. One girl said about people thinking she was bulimic and it makes me laugh too if people ask that - there is no way I could v* after eating! In a way, it may seem like a "solution" or pressing rewind, and yes, I have considered it when I have been absolutely desperate - to the point where I have been kneeling beside the toilet - but nope, never done it. This is where I feel my emet is a blessing in disguise. Perhaps it has saved my life?[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Anyway, thanks to everyone for their support here. Sage and Alvin are always great, and I love supporting others, especially younger people who are at the stage I once way. There is hope for us all lol! I don't feel ready to post on any sites directed about eating disorders, as it might make me worse at this stage of my recovery, but this site has been very helpful - a lot of like-minded people here! lol, maybe that's not always good haha

Love you loads![img]uploads/images/snakemed/Summer_2006_049.jpg[/img]