Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Solutions

I'm new to this site and am wondering if people could share their solutions to feeling sick. I usually rely on pepto and trying to talk myself out of it! I hear people mention ginger (in what form?), anti-emits (what are those?), etc. Even though I know it's often in my head, what works best for all of you?

Ginger tea, chamomile tea is good. and I take Dramamine...the original formula. I start out with 1 pill....after 30 minutes if i do not feel any relief...then i take 1 more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hello again! I think everybody has their own methods and preferences when it comes to stopping nausea but these are the ones that i use. Firstly i will spend a while deep breathing etc just trying to calm down because nausea is often a symptom of anxiety. Chewing gum and peppemints also seem to help me and calm my stomach. If i am feeling overly full or like i have indigestion i use rennies or tums. I have used sea-bands before which go around the wrist and apply pressure to a certain point which is supposed to relate to the brain. I have only used these when travelling but people use them during pregnancy aswell.

The anti-emetic i take is motilium 10 which is available at pharmacys. Im not entirely sure how anti-emetics work but i have only ever takenthemtwice. I try to have them as a last desprate resort because i worry about becoming dependant on them (i chew gum all the time and often eat rennies). Motilium has worked for me both times but how much of that is mental im not sure - its like a safety net, but im much more calm if i know i have some in my bag just incase. Distraction is often the best method. If you focus on how bad you're feeling you just make it worse, i usually watch tv, read or go on the computer.

Hope this helps anyway!
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm

Chewing gum, mints, fresh, cold air, walking, watching tv, this site [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] , phenergan (an antiemetic), taking a shower, reading. I hope that helped.