Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

What in the world could be causing me so much nausea.....so often???? I have been going through this for many years now. I know i have emet, ibs, high anxieties b/c of the both of them....so if that is the reason, then it makes not alot of sense. I have had this problem for a while now. The doc. put me on prilosec...which usualy works...but at times, like today, it's weird, i woke up feeling very queasy...so i took my prilosec...and my other pill, my Digestive Advantage, for my ibs....but to no avail, i am still queasy and it's 12:50 pm, i took a ginger root pill about an hour ago,and it helped alittle bit, but not alot....so then i started eating my lunch at 12...and i'm still trying to get it down...i am still queasy, but hungry too. I don't understand why this is happening. I am not sick, i don't feel "sick"...just queasy. I keep on eating my salad, even though i feel this way....i hope it's not a mistake....i know i have felt weird all weekend with my stomach....really full feeling, and lots of d.....but that's normal for me with my ibs....so i don't know...maybe i'm just ranting about feeling bad all the time, just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this, or if it happens to anyone else.
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Guess not...........
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sinus drainage?

This is why I am always queasy.

\"This too shall pass\"

Try to stay away from salads the are abrasive on the stomach. Also eat starchy foods and light ones like saltins. Also coke syrup helps settle the stomach. Most of all try to relax for one minute at a time.

Yeah, i do have continuous sinus drainage most of the spring and summer....but this effects me in the winter too, and also when i am not having sinus problems...i don't know. It's annoying though...i took a second dose of the ginger root capsules, and that finally eased it up some....but with ginger root half way getting rid of the n...i can't figure out what is causing it.

Yeah, i know salads are not good for me....digestive wise anyway....but damn, i have to eat them sometimes, ya know...i don't eat them often, and it's weird b/c sometimes they really kill me, other times, they do absolutely nothing to me. What's up with that?

Thanks, both of you for responding to me

Kate

Could it be anxiety? I get n* all the time from anxiety.

Hey Kate,
    I think the thing about the salads sometimes killing you and other times being fine is just the nature of IBS. That happens to me too, like this whole past week Ive been eating taco meat, and have been perfectly fine. Other times I eat the same thing and my guts go off. I honestly dont know why it does that, but it definately happens with IBS (great huh?)

Do you suffer from any acid reflux? It could just be today was a bad day, for no reason other than your stomach has just been off. I know lots of times I drive myself nuts trying to wrack my brain to figure out what is wrong with me?? Why is ____ symptom happening?? For instance today my intestines have just been off, no real reason, they just have been cramping and real uncomfy on and off all day long for no reason at all other than they just want to. I know it can be intensly annoying believe me. Sometimes on days like this I just want to rip out my guts and get a mail-ordered brand new one instead!!

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_C&#111;ntainer height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <T>
    <TR height="100%" UNABLE="&#111;n" width="100%">
    <TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNABLE="off">

I know for me something usually happens that sort of sets the mood for a phase. Did you have a scare recently regarding emeto?? and you just are suffering from the aftershocks?...I know that sounds silly but when I have a panic attack from nausea I will suffer for days with constant nausea and its just my anxiety. I usually get better by 3-4 days and will have a good phase.

I hope you get to feeling better. You are very brave to continue to eat even though you are nauseated....I could never do that.

Samantha</TD></TR>
    <TR UNABLE="&#111;n" hb_tag="1">
    <TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNABLE="&#111;n">
    <DIV id=hotbar_promo></DIV></TD></TR></T></TABLE>

Well, my very bad n lasted all day yesterday, and all last night too until i finally went to sleep around 10:30 or so. I still can't explain what it was. I don't think it was just a sv or anything like that. All though i did have bad d along with it. It was not the same feeling you have when you have a sv...so, the only thing i can figure is i had acid reflux, and now today i don't have that same feeling of n but a feeling like i have a massive lump in my throat, and my stomach kind of feels like there is a big knot in there. It doesn't hurt or anything, it feels ok, just sort of hollow with a knot. Sounds weird i know. I have not experienced anything scary, or have had no emet triggers lately...so i don't think it's that. I don't know what it was, but this has happened many many times before, so i can only assume it's the acid reflux...anyway, i am just glad that i am not feeling like that today...knock on some serious wood now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate