Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Does anyone know if I go to a doctor, is there a way they can test for this?

My grandmother had them and my mother had them, so I feel that it's only a matter of time before I do. However, I figured I had a few decades before I had to worry about it since I'm only 20. Though, I've recently had stomach problems that I chalked up to stress at first, but now I'm wondering.

I've been having bloating and abdominal cramps for the past few days. I showed my mom where it hurt, and she jabbed around my upper stomach asking if it hurt when she did. It didn't, but I had her tell me what a gallbladder attack felt like. She said something about pain up near the ribs and in the back, which I do have now. Before it felt like bad acid reflux, but it wasn't helped by antacids like it was when I had acid reflux before.

Basically, I don't want to go into the uni. health center and look like an idiot, but if there's a real chance then I know I should do something. Anyone have any advice?
    Edited by: chicajojobe

BELIEVE ME if you were having a gall bladder attack you would know it! They were the most painful thing I have ever had in my life! I would sweat and I couldn't breathe!

The only way to know for sure if you have gall stones is to go for an ultrasound in order to see them.

Good luck!

happyteacher

I had a gall stone attack last Thursday. It dropped me directly to the floor, I was in the fetal position, and I couldnt even speak. I go see the surgeon tomorrow. I do NOT want to wait to have that sucker removed till I have another attack....no way!

yeah, they found my 13 gallstones through an ultrasound....just ask your doc about it...try to catch it before it gets too bad..b/c it is really bad when you start having the attacks with it....worse than labor almost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Well from the sound of things I'm pretty sure I'm not having attacks right now. However, I think I will ask about it at my next doctor's appointment. Just so that my doctor knows I have a strong family history so that she can keep any eye out for any signs of it in me.

Honestly, I was pretty sure I wouldn't have them at this age. My mom didn't have a gallbladder attack until her late 30's, and my grandma was in her early 60's when she had her first one.

Edited by: chicajojobe

Age means nothing chicajojobe!

I had all of my attacks and my surgery when I was 21 and my aunt had hers out at 18! My Mom and sister were the only ones who had their problems after childbirth birth at 32 and 27.

Hm, well thanks for letting me know that.