Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Silly

I know this sounds silly, but I recently moved, and one of the items that was sent to me from my old house was a raincoat. Today I put it on for about five minutes, and noticed that it smelled funny.

This was probably from being in the box, but it reminded me that when I had my s*v* in June, I did wear a raincoat right after v*ing! I thought back and realised that it was a different one, but I still can't shake the feeling that I wore that coat around the same time, too. I was worried that somehow the virus was still on the coat and that I would catch it again!

It's really silly because a) it's been almost 3 months, so I assume the virus would have died. b) I probably wasn't even wearing that raincoat and c) if I already had the virus, it shouldn't affect me again. But I didn't have a terrible time of it, and it still worries me. I just scrubbed my hands and face, but if anyone has anything to say that would put my mind to rest, it would be appreciated.

The funny thing is that I know this is all ridiculous, but I'm nervous anyway. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Edited by: klikittyklak

Aww hey klikittyklak (neat name!)

I know Ive done the same sort of thing before, I had a hair tie that I wore when I was sick v*, and I didn't want to wear it again, but then was like "man I'm being silly" so I did and was fine, but I know what you mean.

I think its that we associate all sorts of little things that had happened or what we wore when we last v*ed. I think its just cause we focus on v*ing so much. Like for instance you don't think about everytime you eat a banana like what you wore and everything, because you arent afraid of banannas, so it doesnt make such an impact. Lol did that make sense?

Probably the best thing to do is just make yourself wear the raincoat for just a few minutes, and take it off, and then go through the day and do your best to not think about it, and itll go by fine. Just think "the raincoat cannot make me sick, it doesnt have the germs on it anymore (believe me they could not survive probably a few days), and its not the raincoats fault that I was sick", I know it sounds silly, but it helps me when I have a stumbling block like that.

Thanks for the pointers, they makes sense. The thing is...I know I'm being ridiculous! Thanks so much.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

No problem. I know its hard sometimes to make your mind think otherwise, even if it seems silly.