Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

up until today i was so excited about going back to school (about 4 hours from home). now all the sudden i am am emotional basketcase and i can't stop crying! i'm pretty much completely packed so i don't have that to stress about, i just HATE goodbyes, especially with my parents. i am dreading leaving when i think i really should be excited to go back. ugh, i can't stop crying and i have a terrible headache now. i know that i'll be fine away from home because i did it last year, i think it's just initially moving back and having to see my parents leave. anybody have college stories? thanks for listening to me vent! i hope i feel better in the morning[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state

Hey there-

For me, the anxiety about leaving home didn't really hit until my mom drove off, and I was in residence with a bunch of people I didn't know in an ugly room and with a bed that had a soiled mattress, lol. In my frist year, my dad didnt come up for the trip (he is a big sulk and wouldn't be able to deal with it- and hates getting emotional in public), so mom drove me down and got me settled in. When she left, I was just kinda standing around going "soo.....now what?"- it was completely bizarre. I didn't know anyone, and my roomate had not yet arrived. However, of course everything ended up fine in the end....after all, its over 6 years later, and I am STILL in Uni!

I say that you are worried now, but once you are there you will probably be just fine. After last year, you know what to expect, and you have friends that I know you are anxious to see. Allow yourself to feel a bit sad now- but once you are there, just keep busy and I'm sure you will be fine.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thanks for replying amber :-) i feel better tonight. still sad, i know it'll be worse tomorrow night when i have to say goodbye to everyone. i worry too much about something happeningto my family while i'm four hours awayand i think that's why i get so sad. once i'm settled in on saturday and once i know my parents are home safe after they drop me off, i'll be okay. i'll just have to keep myself occupied. thanks again!

kristina
    \"if you can\'t laugh at yourself, life\'s gonna seem a whole lot longer than you\'d like\"- garden state