Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I don't get panicky or nauseous too much anymore, that's why I am posting about this...i want to know if it has happened to anyone else. I was outside watering my plants a few minutes ago, feeling just fine,when all of the sudden out of absolutely nowhere I had this huge wave of nausea and panic hit me. usually when I have a panic attack it builds gradually with some nervousness and nausea, but this was seriously like a ton of bricks. I literally had to sit down. I came inside and got my Xanax and gum (calming aids) and just sat down panicking for a few minutes, until it faded away. It only lasted about 5 minutes. I feel slightly sick now and I have some d* but I am not panicking.

What the heck was that? has that ever happened to anyone else? I'm not sure if it has ever hit me that hard and fast before.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

I don't know, i had that happen to me 2 days ago...except it was with me when i woke up that morning, and lasted the whole day long....i was so very nauseas all day long, and had to take 3 ginger root caps throughout the day to help from not feeling so horrible...it helped some, but not 100%. I don't know why these things happen to us, out of the blue, for no reason it seems....who knows. I know how you feel though. It sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I guess I have had similar episodes to what you experienced, as well. There is usually no explanation. I sometimes wake up at night with a horrible tight/nauseous feeling in my stomach, too. This will literally wake me up a few times when I am first falling asleep. Anxiety and this phobia SUCK!!! I'm glad you're feeling better now.

well I thought I was feeling better but my stomach still has a circus going on in there. I am so jittery I can't sit still. What the f? I just took another Xanax, hopefully that will help.
    \"Napoleon, you\'re just jealous because I\'ve been talking to babes online all day.\" ~ Kip

I'm currently freaking out, too. I just did a post. I guess we can freak out together if that's any consolation

I hope the both of you are going to be all right, do either of you have any ginger root capsules...they help pretty good with n....but for the d i would take some immodium. Good luck!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I think you'll be fine. The jittery feeling is tjust the after effect of all that adreniline hitting you. I can't explain why it happens but I have felt it to. It used to be that my anxiety would be at around a 5 then build up to 7 or 8 and whatever. Now sometimes it just hits me full force at 10 lasts for 5 minutes and then goes away again and I'm left shaking and thinking wtf was that. I always feel a bit on edge afterwards too b/c it throws me off ya know?
    Be courageous, believe in yourself, and be the best woman you can be. I'm with you all the way.

Hi Mandi~~

I had this happen to me about a year ago, and then I had d* for the whole day afterward. It was a HUGE panic attack, and I know I didn't have a bug, but I was so panicky and tired. I drank LOTS of hot gigner tea, which got me through the day. Hope you're feeling better now.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Could you be preggers??
    ~*~Charlene~*~

OMG I had that too Wednesday morning around 5am! I was lying in bed and trying to fall asleep when it hit me. And there was no buildup at all, just a sudden punch. Mine was so bad I had dry heaves. And my tummy was off the rest of the day. Hope you are feeling better!!!

Caffeine can do that to me. Thats why I never ever drink coffee and am careful only to have weak tea and no more than 1 cup a day, I also only ever drink Coke in small amounts.

Caffeine gives me waves of panic, n*/stomach spasms and d*. It makes me feel so ill and sometimes I really freak out before I remember that its a caffeine reaction because I drank too much Coke that day or whatever. Its only when I've figured that out that I can relax and start to feel a bit better.

Well I'm glad to know I'm not alone. I do feel better today. I felt kinda weird all day, but like you guys said, I'm sure it was just the after effects. I still managed to go out for happy hour but I wasn't able to eat or drink much (which isn't necessarily a bad thing!)

Charlene, it's funny, my first thought when it hit me was do i have morning sickness? LOL. I don't think I'm prego though. At least I hope not cause I was popping Xanax like candy yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by mjewell

Charlene, it's funny, my first thought when it hit me was do i have morning sickness? LOL. I don't think I'm prego though. At least I hope not cause I was popping Xanax like candy yesterday.

LOL!! Are you gonna take a test? If it's a possibility, are you nervous?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

No, I just had my perioda weekago so I am not seriously worried. If I don't have my period next time I will start to worry.

Anyway, it was more of a panic attack I think since it hit so hard out of the blue and then went away so promptly. But yes, If I was prego I would be SO scared. I mean, I am 27 and happily married, but still feel like a 16-year old when it comes to being prego. Terrified and not ready!

It seems to hit us most often, it is rather frightening, I
    remember it happening at school often!
    Sometimes it sneakes up on you, your subconcious
    often knows and feels things your concious does not
    until it reaches your concious, from your
    subconcious, make sense? It is alright, seems a lot
    of us are on your side!