Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Well, I guess the fact that I felt n* yesterday led into today, or should I say very very early this morning. I woke up around 1:30am, and had to use the bathroom. Everything was fine but my stomach was really cramped up and I noticed in the mirror I was really pale. So, I went back to bed and drank some room temperature water slowly to see if my stomach would calm down. But, that didn't help, I tried to lay back down but realized that it only made me feel worse. I got up to try to use the bathroom again, and as soon as I got in there, I v* five times in a row. When it was finally over I had tears streaming down my face and I fell on the floor, trying not to pass out. I was shaky and my whole body was cold. I forced myself to get up, I blew my nose a few times, and tried to spit out whatever was still in my throat. But when I was spitting in the sink I noticed I was spitting out blood, so I guess I scraped my throat or something...but I shrugged it off, figuring it would be ok, brushed my teeth twice to get rid of the taste (which didn't go away until I woke up later on), and then just sipped some more water and finally went back to sleep about 3 hours later....

and now for a funny part...on my way back to the bedroom, the hallway was so dark that I didn't notice one of my cats laying in front of the door. I stepped on her tail by accident hehe...

This morning I tried to go into work, I'm still onprobation for my job and I didn't want to call in cuz it might look bad for me. When I got in, I told my boss what had happened and she basically shoved me out the door and told me to go home and rest, and next time its okay to call, because you can't help getting s*.

But God, I was so scared last night, I tried so hard to not v*, but in the end my efforts didn't do anything. I felt a little better but it was so scary, when I v* I feel like I'm gonna die! So now I'm just going to try and take it easy, I still haven't eaten yet today because I don't know what my stomach will do...at least my boss was good about me coming home...

Bless your heart!!!! I am so sorry that happened to you...i remember back in 1990, i was 9 months preg...and it happened to me too....i v about 10-12 times over and over....i thought i would never stop....but to be honest, yeah, it was gross and nasty, but i was ok...but i always think ok, yeah, i'm going to die from this, and i feel like i will suffocate somehow...i don't know, it's weird. But you did survive, and made it through it. I hope that you are feeling somewhat better now, and start off with very bland soft foods for now...
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

you poor thing! i am proud of you for getting through it.....do you know what might of caused it? I hope you are beter byt the time you read this.

(((hugs)))

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

thanks to both of you :-)

after a little rest i do feel somewhat better. i've eaten some chicken noodle soup and plain crackers and i'm okay. i think i know what caused it though. while i was waiting for my rice to finish last night i drank a glass of whole milk. after i ate, i had a fairly large glass of white zinfandel wine. after getting opinions from a few people i think it was the mixture of milk and wine that did it...i haven't v* since even though my stomach and the muscles around my stomach are still aching from v* so hard last night.

again, thanks so much for caring...i hope i don't do that again for a loooong time :-)

Hmmm....wonder why milk and wine would do that to you? I mean, it doesn't sound like a good mixture, but i don't really see why it would make you v....but anyway, it's over now, so i am glad to hear that. I hope you will continue to feel better tomm. also, and that it doens't happen to you again for a very very long time......glad you are ok!!!
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

I think mixing things can make you v*, i remember when i was younger, i as on holiday and i just ate spag bowl and i then wanted a banana yogurt right after, but my mum said i had to wait for it to go down as it will mix and make me v*? i then got scared about eating things to close to each other, also one of my friends used to mix orange juice and coffee and made himself v* as he didn't want to go school[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]..so it could have been?? did you have d* at all with it??

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

nope, i was surprised i didn't. my stomach did hurt like i was going to have a BM but didn't until some time this morning. But I am definately feeling better...I guess the only thing that you can mix wine with in yourstomach is soda, I guess there's something with the alcohol in the wine and the consistency of the milk (it was also whole milk that i drank, and I usually drink skim)...I am back to eating foods I normally eat now. I had some 3-cheese tortellini for dinner and a glass of skim milk...I'm going to stay away from the wine or any kind of alcohol for a few days, just in case. I am still fairly tired though, and my stomach muscles are still cramped but I think I just need a good night's sleep and I'll be fine again by the end of the weekend.

thank you all so much for being so supportive!

Im glad your doing better. Ugh yeah mixing things like that can do it. A few weeks ago, I took IB profin, Vitamin C, and Imm AD all right in a row with orange soda, and man I came thisclose to V*ing, I felt sooooo sick, and it was most likely due to that horrid mixture. After about an hour or 2 I was definately feeling better, but I didn't eat anything the rest of the day cause I was too freaked out!

Oh hon, I am so sorry that you got sick. That is the worse feeling in the entire world! I feel so sorry for you....take care hon!

Holy crap .. I'm so sorry to hear that!
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

metallikat87,

Have you considered that youmight be lactose intolerant? Your supper had a lot of dairy in it (3 cheese tortellini, milk). Maybe you had a hard time tolerating all of that together in one sitting.

Good for you for getting through that and still functioning. I know you were scared, but you survived, you went to work and you are already eating. In short, you did what you had to do. That is how a so-called "normal" person would behave! Well done!

happyteacher

OMG, that's horrible!! I'm glad you are feeling better. It sounds like you handled it like a champ!

awww, i'm so sorry. you're braver than i am, though, i wouldn't even have
    gone back to bed, i probably would have camped out in the bathroom!

I'm so sorry you were ill but wow on how you made it through! I would have been catatonic. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

Is there anyting going around where you live? I only ask because wine plus milk sounds gross, but not so bad as to inspire illness hours later.

You are brave. That is my nightmare right there, especially in the mid of the night. Does anyone remember a past post about mixing different kinds of foods?? Some said that mixing won't make you s**, but I am not so sure. I am very careful about what I eat and when because I never want to take a chance.....</font>