Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I am probably going to take a break from this site, not that anyone cares, I don't think I'm better and I don't think that I will BE better without this place but the simple fact is no one pays any attention to me and I doubt anyone will care if I go away fro a while. I mean I can prove all of this by saying that whenever I post like ANYTHING, no matter how trivial and no matter how important, I only get one or two replies. To the people who DO reply to me, THANK YOU and I have NOT forgot about you guys, you are great! I could list names but I'm not going to, it seems like it's always the same few people who respond and once again, I do appreciate it but I'd like to be liked like you like Crimgoddess...She's popular and I'm not. I guess I just feel left out. Anyway if I'm not around this is why...once again I do not believe that anyone cares.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

i had to do the same thing...& honestly, it was good for me because i knew if i needed support i could always come back but it gave me a chance to try & just concentrate on my life without emet...it certainly didn't go away but it subsided for awhile & when it came back i came back

good luck to you =)

~ bethany

\"what\'s meant to be will always find a way\"

::there is no way to peace
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    eace is the way::

I hate how you're always so down on yourself Monica! Of course we'd care if you left. I don't think that it's only you that has the problem of one or two replies. I've noticed it as well.

That's just how it is. I don't think you should leave on those grounds, but if you think it'll help your emet and such, then by all means.
    .I just want to feel safe in my own skin. I just want to be happy again. I just want to feel deep in my own world. But I’m so lonely I don’t even want to be with myself. <3

Dude- don't get so down on yourself. I think that depending on the time and what the topic is, everyone at some point has gotten fewer replies than they have wanted to one of their posts. It doesn't mean that people don't like you or don't care- I think that, that is the way it goes at times- especially in the summer, where a lot of people are less stressed and thus spend less time on the site. That, and sometimes people don't necessarily know how to answer....I know I don't answer every post I read, because sometimes I don't think I can say anything remotely beneficial.

Trust me- I would also rather have 1 or 2 replies, then someone ragging on you for something, or accusing you of being "argumentative". LOL- if that's "popularity", you can have it! (I know not everyone does this, most replies are hella-awesome; but it does seem to happen often enough)

This is pretty out of the blue- is there anything else bothering you? I know your sister is leaving for college, is that bringing you down?

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You do seem a bit down, Monica. I really don't think it's a question of popularity. I reply to a post if I feel I can offer advice. Sometimes it's late at night and I'm just too tired to make the effort! It's got nothing to do with whether I like or dislike somebody. Please don't think that - we're all in the same boat here, remember. We DO care!

I know what you mean sometimes about being left out.. and i know its hard but i have found that for me it is good to read others stories and problems with emet. I am one to be the glass half empty type i feel like i am pretty much worthless and i will never get over this at times but other times i see the light.. and would wish others would too.. if you ever need to talk.. about anything .. send me a private message. I would love to get to know someone with emet as well that understands me and my anxiety and depression..

I hope you feel better soon and please dont leave! we need you like you need us! .. i know u may not think that now.. but dont forget that yes i said .. we need you ..

hugs
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

I care. Like some others said, sometimes I will read a post, and not know what to say, so I don't reply. I think that is pretty common. It's not a popularity contest. I think you are a cool person, and enjoy your posts. If you need to go, then I wish you all the best, but if you do, I hope it's not because you think nobody cares, because we do.

Seriously, you cannot take things so personally. If you do, this world will eat you alive.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hey Monica,
    Im sorry you feel that way. I know how it feels kind of a letdown to have threads go by rather unnoticed, but it happens sometimes. Ive had threads with like 0 replies, and I just figure well people didnt know what I was talking about, or something like that lol. Just try and not take it too seriously. I mean it is nice to get replies, but its not so much a score of how many you get, as much as the quality/caring of those that you do get. Sometimes lots of people reply, sometimes just a few, but that happens.

I just try and go around and help on the threads I feel I can contribute to, which is what Im sure many do on here.

Edited by: Galadriel

I am sorry you feel this way, and I can tell you, I've felt the same way a few times also. I'm sorry you're leaving, but I wanna tell you that you know where to reach me if you need me. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Yeah, it's normal to feel let down for not getting a lot of replies on posts you think are important. But once you get out of high school and into the "real world," life isn't a popularity contest--unless certain adults are really shallow.

Take it from someone who knows: that "everybody hates me" attitude comes from depression. Have you been treated for depression lately? On any meds?

I hope you get to feeling better about yourself soon. It sucks to be depressed.

Monica of course we care, don't think that we don't. We have all gotten to know each other, and seeing anyone leave would upset us. Please don't take it personally that people don't reply, I know I did before and it was at a time when I was really sick, and all alone, I had no friends and you guys were my friends, and when I would post someone wouldn't reply or only get 1 or 2 answers I would as if though no one wanted me around and I was really upset and depressed. Please don't ever think that you wouldn't be missed because you would. You have helped me out pleny of times, and I have always enjoyed your posts beceause you would post things other than emet related. You are a great person, and you need to realize that!! No one wants you to leave, and please don't think that we don't care because we do.

Michele

I don't post often, half the time I don't reply to threads because I get side-tracked.
    Taking a sabbatical from IES, moving on, and making concrete changes to live my life without fear.
    Friends know where to reach me.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.

The most popular person on the board who gets the most replies will be the one who posts " I Have The Cure For Emetophobia", lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamer

The most popular person on the board who gets the most replies will be the one who posts " I Have The Cure For Emetophobia", lol.

That's a good one!!![img]smileys/smilies_39.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Sorry guys, I am pretty down cause of my sister, and my other sister who just got a car HANDED to her and it wasn't even a birthday gift! I need a car SO MUCH more then she does...why the HELL didn't they give me one? I guess I just realized that I'm such a black sheep in my family I'm ignored for the most part...it really sucks. I mean my one sister gets everything she ever wanted! THe average wedding costs like 30,000 dollars right? So Liz will get a 50,000 dollar wedding, Laura will get a 20,000 dollar wedding and I'll get 500 dollars and a cup of rice. That's just how things work in my family. I mean they all know that I'm probably never going to have a kid (Actually they tell me I shouldn't have one *Rolls eyes*) but I want one anyway. I guess the point I'm trying to make is, my life is really sucky right now and although I SHOULDN'T take things this personally I do and I'm sorry. I hope I cleared everything up for everyone.

~Monica

I know how you feel, when it seems everyone is against you, and it does suck. Especially when it's your own family. You need to realize that you're important too, and you don't need anyone to validate you, your opinions, or your beliefs. You are free to be your own person, and if people can't e=respect you for how you are, then just do for yourself, and don't worry what other people will think. here's what I told myself (because I'm REAAAALLLLYY fed up with people): People are NOT going to rearrange THEIR lives according to what I think they should do, so why the hell am I gonna worry about what PEOPLE think of the way I live my life??? I'm gonna be ME, and fend for myself, and I will know then who my true friends are and to what extent my family's "unconditional" love for me will stretch. Know what I mean?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

You seem to dwell a lot about what your parents have and haven't done for you, and compare yourself and your sisters a lot.

Yes, your parents have treated you like crap, and yes, it's not fair that they provide a lot more for your sisters than they do for you. BUT- if you keep being angry about it, and keep making comparisons and dwelling on it, you will NEVER be happy.

I'm going to be completely blunt here; you know I care about you and consider youa friend, so please don't take offence- you are ALLOWING your life to be really sucky right now. You CAN'T keep comparing yourself to your sisters, or say "well, if my parents did this for me, I would have ___". All that will do is make you MORE angry and bitter, and you won't progress at all.

Many people have gone on and started their own lives without family support. Yes, it's crap that your parents gave your sister a car and not you- but being pissed about it won't get you closer to getting a car. Why not work towards it, and save money for one? If you pay for it yourself, you will also appreciate it more. My boyfriend works his ASS off to pay for his car, insurance, and gas....and his car is probably one of the most taken-care of cars ever, even though he didn't get it brand new. Why? He takes pride in the fact that it's his and he works hard for it.

Instead of being pissed about your situation, wouldn't showing your parents that you are a responsible person capable of supporting yourself be a better revenge? Working, applying for grants to go back to school, saving for a car, etc- not only will that show your parents, but it will also SHOW YOU what you are capable of. If you continue being pissed at and about your parents, you won't really go anywhere, and that would be sad, because you have a lot of potential.

So, as a friend who cares about you- make a plan of what you want to achieve in your life, and how you can achieve it. Don't let yourself get stuck in a rut.

*amber*

Hey Monica, sorry you are feeling so down. You are part of our emet family, and I hope you don't leave. Don't think that no one cares just because alot of people don't reply. It happens to everyone!!!

Smile, and please stay!!!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Im really sorry you feel this way, like everyone else says, sometimes posts can be hard to answer if we don't know what to say, but everyone still cares about you!!. My friends used to ignore me sometimes and i think they didn't care about me as i always would sit there and put myself down, and i used to go out and feel depressed from stuff happening at home and a few times they had to leave me as they didn't know what to say to me when they would ask what was wrong and i would say i just feel upset, i now don't go out when i get like that, but i know they still care (well i think..lol). So please don't feel left out, its not because people don't want to answer you, or that your not popular. I hope you understand that and that i do care and if you ever need to talk or just get something off your mind, feel free to pm me, i'll always listen[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

It's funny you should say that about only getting one or two replies because sometimes I feellike you dowhen I've posted something and only got a couple of replies - I feel the same on the newsgroups I post on. It helps to remind myselfthat it's nothing personal though and that it all depends on what you post about and whether people have something they feel that they can contribute or not, and whether the post was actually missed by a lot of people too.I think people like us with all these anxietiesand worries do tend to get paranoid and feel underconfident about ourselves from time to time, especially when we are going through a particularly tough time, like you seem to be.

I for one, as I'm sure many, many othersdo too, enjoy your posts and like your straight way of talking, and I always thought you were one of the more popular members here. Don't ever think we don't care, we do, and would be sad to see you leave.

I hope things improve for you soon, try and keep your chin up hun )
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

like everyone said it isnt a popularity contest...everyone is here to give and get advice!!! im sorry you feel that way!! i have only been on for a couple of months and i take days or even weeks off...only because sometimes i get more depressed on here...i know that some people have been on here for so long and have taught so many people and have also learned a lot but i dont think that makes them popular, everyone has gone through different experiences, some just have been on here longer than others!!! but personally i feel a lot of people rely on this site too much...(just my opinion of course) dont get me wrong its a great place to give and get advice, but i guess i just dont "have" to have it everyday so that i can get by.Edited by: loveable101
    &hearts;LIDIA&hearsts;

Is anyone else trying very hard not to see this as a "Look at me, look at me!" post?

I just feel like if you were going to take a break because you were feeling like people here didn't care about what you had to say, you wouldn't expect them to care about this post and thus wouldn't bother writing it. Maybe I'm dead wrong but all the stuff about "I'm not popular like bla bla" seems a tad attention seeky to me.Edited by: x hannah x

Thanks Hannah...let me just be the first to say...YOU SUCK! Maybe I did want attention but can you tell me that YOUR lame ass has never wanted attention too? You're worse then that Tea Leoni publicity WHORE!

~Monica

Disclaimer: You have caught Monica on a rather bad night, therefore any opinions expressed in the above post probably don't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by x hannah x

Is anyone else trying very hard not to see this as a "Look at me, look at me!" post?

I just feel like if you were going to take a break because you were feeling like people here didn't care about what you had to say, you wouldn't expect them to care about this post and thus wouldn't bother writing it. Maybe I'm dead wrong but all the stuff about "I'm not popular like bla bla" seems a tad attention seeky to me.

This is a very harsh, and uncalled for. When someone is depressed and upset with there life, you have no right to put them down in anyway. I think you should remove your post, and apologize. And Monica, I am sorry that you have to even read that. We are always here for you, and please don't feel bad about what she wrote, we have all felt down on ourselves, me being one of them, and if you are going through rough times, we will all help as best as we can. What Hannah wrote is bulls***.

you will be missed.
    ♥Stephanie

Thanks to sarah140 for my avatar and Fiona for my siggie

\"We can\'t help everyone. But everyone can help someone\"

Samara it's not the "I am taking a break from the site" concept that I had the issue with, just the wording you used seemed like you were after a particular response from people and itseemed less ofan informing post than an attention grabbing post.

And Mitch why is it that you can't take people having opinions that differ from yours? This seems to be a trend with you.

Ididn't mean my comment as a personal attack, I was just pointing out my own opinion which everyone has a right to do just as you both have the right to reply to me in such an agressive way.

This thread isn't about me anyway so if anyone else has something to say to me please feel free to pm.

Maybe what you said is your opinion, but it is mean and hurtful. There is a difference in having an opinion about something, and crossing the line to be just plain mean to someone who is reaching out for help.

eek, this thread is turning into another "hate" thread when all it was in the beginning was someone asking for help.

I just wanted to post because I just got back from vacation and didnt see this thread, and monica, i wanted you to know that you are loved in this emet community! I just think of all of the times that you have helped me, and wish that i could help you back as much. I'm sorry you feel so left out...i really dont know what to say, but i hope that your family problems will get better so that your whole life can start to get better too. I definitely want you here at the site!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I think that maybe the conflict was that yes, Monica was looking for help and that is fine but she did go about it in a strange way. I understand being annoyed by that. I don't have a problem at all with anyone asking for help and being straight forward, but Hannah did have a valid point about the way that Monica went about getting her attention.

Monica,
    Are you in therapy? Because I really think you would benefit from it. Even if every person on this message board posted back to you and validated your worth here, unless you have your own self worth, it doesn't mean s***. You have to learn to love yourself. You have to stop comparing yourself to other people and love you for you. If you do soul searching and find that you don't like who you are, then only you can change that. Having people on here saying 'don't leave' is not going to fix your problems. We have all had tough lives, I guarentee it. I could put down some s*** that would make you think you grew up with the f***ing Brady Bunch. So trust me when I say you are not alone in having a f***ed up family or a f***ed up up bringing. However, you are an adult now and you have to get past it. You are now the only one to blame for what happens in your life. You are no longer a child. Take control of your life and look only to yourself for validation. Get professional help.

\"This too shall pass\"