Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

What's it like where you live? Is it a big city, rural, suburbs? Nice weather year round? Economy? Do you get four seasons? What accents do people have?Etc...

I live around in Cuyahoga (Ki-uh-HO-gah) FallsOhio. It's not quite a big city, but it's average I guess. The weather is really crappy most of the time. We get really cold, snowy winters that last like six months. We have spring and fall weather for like two weeks each, then hot, humid summers. The economy isn't as good as it once was. Before I was born (1980), Akron was like the "rubber capitol" or something. Now it's kind of gone to hell in a handbasket, but they are trying to "spruce it up" again. Uh...I guess that's it.

Oh, and the skies are gray over 200 days a year. My dad looked up statistics, and I guess northeast Ohio averages 90 sunny days a year. Yuck! Ohio sucks. Don't move here! Oh, and as far as accents, I guess we have a typical midwest accent. I'm practicing a southern drawl though, because we're moving to North Carolina this fall! [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Edited by: HDogg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey fellow northeast Ohioan! I didn't know that you were moving to
    NC!!!! Lucky! Where in NC will you be? My brother has lived in several
    gorgeous cities down there. You will love it! I am so jealous! While you
    are down there enjoying the sunshine, I will be up here hoping for more
    than 90 sunny days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie

I live in Bellingham, WA. It is a small/medium college town. The economy here sucks. We get a lot of rain/cloudy days here. Yuck. It is a pretty place, but I wish we got more sun. I don't know about the accent thing. I guess to someone in another part of the country, we have an accent. A west coast accent??
    BTW, I love NC! I was born there, and my grandmother lives there.

I live on the East Coast of England in a smallish seaside fishing town. We have a beautiful sandy beach and I can see the sea from my bedroom window. The weather is generally quite nice, but it does get very cold in the winter

We have a nice town centre with plenty of shopsand also a historical part of the town with lots of pathways leading to the sea and a lighthouse.I live in the older part of the town.

We have 3 beautiful parks and are close to some nice countryside. It is quite a nice place to live.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

curly-where you live sounds awesome. I would love to live somewhere like that ........... but alas, I am stuck in a small rural town in Georgia, USA. I think we have pretty good weather down here. Our seasons are almost summer, summer, still summer, and winter!! In all seriousness though, where I am we only really have three months of cold weather ........ Dec. Jan. and Feb. Its cool and pants weather by Nov., but still not too bad. Of course the accent here in southern drawl ya'll, lol!!!! As for the economy, its pretty crappy here in our immediate area.

My brother in law is currently living in Ohio. Defiance Ohio I think. He met a girl on the internet and after they had known each other for about a year and been to see one another, he decided he would move up there to be with her. Well ............. about six months after they got married, he caught her cheating on him. Thats what he says anyway. There are some other things going on to, but I wont go in to detail. Wonder if any of you Ohio folks might know the girl ...........

I'm moving to Wilmington, NC, which is right on the coast! Yea! I can't wait to get out of Ohio!!!!!!!!!

Jenny, our seasons are like yours, but opposite: almost winter, winter, still winter, and summer! Lol! Can't wait to move to the good ol' south. I already say "y'all" because it's fun and I like it. Guess I'll fit in? Ha ha!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It looks like we could definitely have a gathering in the Ohio area!!!

I am also from Ohio. Lakewood- which is a western suburb of Cleveland. Being in Ohio, we do get to enjoy the change of seasons, which is very cool. Winters tend to be a little harsh because of the lake, but it's usually the worst on the east side of Cleveland. I love living on the lake and I love living within a diverse community of people. I also like that I live within a smallish community, but am close to a major city and other great suburbs.

I am outdoorsy, so Ohio is great for me. I like being close to the lake as well as the metroparks.

Curly, that sounds absolutely beautiful!
    \"This too shall pass\"

I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada (the Capital), so a good deal of the population works for the government. It's a medium-sized city that likes to pretend it's a big city, but then complain excessively about it ("downtown is too noisy", "there are too many homeless people"- etc etc etc- whine whine whine).

There is a small downtown core and market area, and then a whole lot of suburbia. The parliament buildings are cool, mostly because of the cat shelter that houses about 30 stray cats, but after being in Europe and seeing "really" old buildings, I am less impressed.

The only good thing, in my opinion, is winter. When it gets cold enough, the canal that runs through the downtown core gets turned into the world's longest skating rink. I love to skate, so enjoy it.....until all the tourists who can't skate worth crap get here and clog it up. Here is a virtual tour of the canal at winter:

http://www.ottawakiosk.com/panos/rideau_canal_1.html

Another good thing is that we are close to some awesome ski hills....I am all about winter and winter sports. It's by far my favourite season, and I wish it lasted longer.

As for the accent, I have the typical Ontario non-accent (only distinguishable by a slight emphasis on the "r" in words). Other than the francophone population, the accent of most Ontarians is pretty non-existant; apparently we get hired to do a lot of voiceword because of it.

*amber*

I was born and raised in Bellingham, Washington as well.. miss that town.. its a small college town.. but has many parks and many bodies of water. Right now though I live at Fort Lewis, WA.. its southern washington.. near olympia. I live on an Army Post.. (hubby in the army) Its warmer here then up north in bellingham. But its still pretty cloudy and rainy like most of washington. There is a lot of crime near here in Tacoma. No accents i notice around here.. BUT .. ppl commonly mistake me for being canadian! maybe thats cuz when in bellingham I was only 45 mins from the canadian boarder eh.. lol..
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain