Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Um this may be a bit embarrassing as i don't want to sound like a horrible angry person, but i keep having these kind of fits? im going to the hospital on monday about them as before they said it was my sugar lever had dropped, which it dosn't seem to be because they happen even when i eat. Its hard to explain what happens, but a while ago, i was fine one minute and the next i had thrown myself on the floor and started screaming and punching myself in the stomach and chest, my mum held me down, which i then got out of and kept headbutting the mirror. In the end i finally calmed down and was fine, but we told the nurse at the hospital and she said when it happens eat something as it was around the time i wasn't eating these happend, so they carried on happening and i hit myself in the face, chest, stomach, head and i get this horrible pain in my neck like somethings stuck?? and i have to keep moving it. Its got to the point my mum has to grab my arms and pin me down to stop me hurting myself. Im just thinking what can be causing them, i don't know what bring them on. But its like if anyone touches me when i have them i have to run away from then as i feel i have to hit myself or do something to get it out. I had them when i was in hospital, untill i passed out and all they said when i woke up is, have a cup of tea and some biscuits to get your sugar level up and to be honest that was the last thing i wanted. Im going to get them checked out though, but does anyone else know anyone who has anything like this..

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hmm, do you involuntarily go into these fits? What I mean is like with a seizure the person has no control over themselves and they dont know when they are gonna strike. Is this the same way for you, or do you know its coming?

No i have no control over them, its just i'll be sitting there one mintue and all of a sudden i get them for know reason, or they become worse if theres something stressfull going on. They happen and i want to stop myself but i can't and i just continue to hurt myself, i've had many nose bleeds from this, from hittingmy head against things, my mums going to come into the doctors with me on monday morning so she can also speak to him about it aswell, the thing that worrys me the most is not being able to have any control of my body it seems and the fact i've passed out from them before. Thanks for your reply.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aww Ruth I'm sorry you get these. Have you always gotten them, or is it a more recent thing? It could be just a pent up reaction to major stress, tho I am not sure honestly what they could be. It does sound like a seizure of sorts.

Thanks for the reply[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. I started getting them around march i think it was when there was a lot of things happening. Hopefully the doctor will be able to tell me what they could be, thanks again[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!