Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: To the E.R I go

Hybrid View

ok, so I went to sleep last night about midnight feeling fine. My cell phone rings at 3:18 am waking me up. BUt there was no one there. No phone number just lot of static in the background so I hung up. Then I noticed I hada HORRIBLE pain in my left side. I felt kind of "off" so I get a little nervous and go to my closet nd put on some sweats and some socks. Then it happened. I started to dry heave. In my closet. So nothing happens and the pain is horrible. SO I decide to go to the E.R becuase I did not feel right. WEll I get there about 3:30 and they take blood and do a cat scan of my belly. Come to find out, I have a cyst on my ovary. That was the cause of the pain in my side. They do blood tests to make sure I do not have cancer and it was clear. The thing I keep thinking about is that phantom phone call. It was like someone was trying to warn me to go to the hospital and get checked out. It was literally a wake-up call. So, now I am worried that I will get ovarian cancer and die. I guess the cyst on the ovarie was what was causing my random nausea and dizziness since those were two of the symptoms. Has anyone else had an ovarian cyst? I am scared.

Oh wow. I am sorry you had to experience that. How are you feeling?

My mom had cysts all the time. She even had some grapefruit size- can you believe it? She would get them removed, no biggy. Eventuallyaround menopause she had a hystorectomy because she kept getting cysts, but nothing terrible ever came from them.

I get the small fluid filled ovarian ones that burst and cause pain and spotting, but I haven't had anything too large or painful.

The phone call thing was interesting. Funny how those things happen. Glad you got yourself to the ER
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hi Taffy,

I have a cyst on my right ovary, which was just confirmed by my doctor yesterday. I get pains once in a while, but then it goes away.

My dr. said that it will most likely just dissolve, then another one may take it's place every month or so! I had a hysterectomy, but still have my ovaries, but am now considering just having them removed!

You are lucky that you got that call---what a Godsend, huh?? I hope you're feeling well today, and am gllad to hear you got a diagnosis [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Oh no this must have been really scary for you, but at least you know what was causing your pain etc now. What will they do about the cyst now? That phone call thing is pretty amazing though, i like to think things like that are a bit of a helping hand from someone or something. I really hope you feel better now x
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well, I feel a little better but it is still crampy where that cyst is. They gave me naproxen, phenrgan, and vicodine. I am not going to take any of them. Especially the vicodine. I do not do narcotics. They make me really sick. I just wonder if I will be able to have kids now. I am trying not to worry but my hubby wants kids so badly. Today was my day off from work. (I work at the Post Office). So I have been sleeping becuase of the medicine they put in the IV. I felt bad at the hospital becuase when I ran out of the house to drive myself to the E.R I did not bring my cell phone. In my cell phone is my hubbys phone number (he lives in kansas) on speed dial. I do not even have it memorized in case of an emergency! How pathetic is that! Just the stress of us living in different staes is hard enough. Now this cyst things makes it worse because I want him here to comfort me. My husband wants me to quit the post office and go to school full time. I only have like a year or year and a half to go until my degree in mathematics. I want to be a math teacher. I feel so lucky to have a hubby that will support me while I go to school. ANd I get the MGI BIll becuase I was in the military so school is basically free. Oh I am rampling now. It feels better knowing that I have people to talk to. My family is about an hour away from Nashivlle so I am kinda alone here. Thanks everyone!

I'm sorry this happened, but glad you are okay. I am wishing you a speedy recovery![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I just started feeling nauseated again and started to panick. I now know that everytime I am about to heeve I feel like I have to have a bowl movement. I ran to the kitchen and took a phenergan and some hot tea. I am so scared. I am hungry too. It has been about 24 hours since I last ate. I am already small so I cant afford to lose weight. I just want my mother or my husband. ok ok ok. I am going to try to stop being a big baby and stop crying now. Working myself up does not help the situation. I do not mind having the cyst. It is the fast onset of nausea that is terrifying me. Typing seems to help calm my nerves. Ok, I am calm now. Thanks for listening.

Hey Taffy,
    Man I'm sorry that you have cysts, ugh. That phone call is amazing, maybe God decided to literally give you a ring, lol. Well, its good that you know what it is, did they say anything about removing it?

wow.. well i am kind of an open minded spiritual person the type that believes in ghosts and gaurdian angels and things. so that is a pretty big sign! that is amazing and kind of scary at the same time.. i think i may have freaked out more about the call..

I am sorry that this has happened.. i had a cyst myself.. and it ended up going away.. i Had to take some meds that made me n* but i lived. also my best freind keeps having reocurring cysts. On both ovaries hers comes and goes but she can still have children.. you should be ok.. unless they have to surgically remove it then it reduces the chance of children.. but you always have fertility drugs and other options if you really want children..

my thoughts and prayers will be with you!I know it is really painful.. it will come and go.. try to take it easy and relax

hugs to you

\"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Hi Taffy I hope you are feeling better. Sorry to hear about the cysts. It sounds like you are under alot or stress, it's okay if you cry!! It will make you feel better. And if you need to type, we are here!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You are not a baby....i take care of everyone...including hubby when they are sick....so by gosh i want to be comforted as well....whether it be my hubby or mom. I have had cysts before...so i know what you are going through. You need to try to eat a little today.. that is prooberly why you are *n*. Even if it is some broth, jello,,,something lite....stay away from dairy until the n goes away!

All of your kind words helped alot! I read some threads from awhile ago about other women having the cysts as well. That made me feel better too. It is 10am Sunday morning and I feel alot better. My side does not hurt as much and I decided to eat something since I have to be at work at 1345 and get off at 10pm. Just knowing I had some support helped me to feel alot better! You guys have no idea! Thank you all so much!

Taffy

-I am still thinking about that amazing phone call! It feels great having someone on the other side looking out for you!