Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

I wanted to get your opinions on this , it doesnt really have anything to do with emet but i thought since i turn to you guys for many of my questions this one wouldnt hurt. I notice that everytime i blowdry my hair i lose a bunch of it. I know it is normal to lose up to 100 -150 hairs per day but this just doesnt seem realistic to me . If you think about it (well if i do anyways) since you lose one hundred you dont get a hundred new ones thats same day . I know there are also many different reasons for hairloss , stress being one of them which I'll admit i am a bit stressed . I also hair very thick hair. I went to see the doctor and she did manu blood tests on me but didnt call me back so nothing was wrong there . She had told me that thyroid problems could be a reason but my tests went fine. My diet is not bad , i eat good and healthy (most of the time , there is the occasional junk)

I think one of the reasons that i am so concerend is that people always compliment on my thick hair and now im afraid to lose it. I have actually become obssesed with this hairloss . I think i am going to go to a second doctor to check again just for a second opinion. But what about you guys does any of this happen to you.

Oh and one mor thing the doctor also said she noticed alot of gils in my age group come to her with this problem i am 19 years old. could this maybe be some kind of hormone change since im tuning into a woman lol ( i felt funny saying that)

Please if you have anything to share or any advice let me know!!! Thanks for reading .

Losing hair is completely normal- I have naturally very thin hair, and everytime I shower will lose big chunks of it (mostly knotted curls). Stress can make you lose more hair than normal, but I doubt there is anything physically wrong with you that is making you lose this hair.

I'm not surprised that a lot of 19 year olds are complaining about this problem- think about it. At that time, most people are moving out of the house, starting university, starting to get into "adult" relationships....all of which lead to stress (not to mention moving out of the house often leads to changes in diet, lol).

Yes, people naturally lose up to 150 hairs a day- but your hair is constantly growing, so it replenishes itself naturally.

Word to the wise- if you are worrying about losing hair, stop blow drying it. It is actually quite bad for your hair, and can lead to your hair drying out and breaking, which means that you will not only end up losing more of it, but what's left won't be healthy. I only end up blow drying it maybe once a month...I try to shower at night, ring it dry really well, and then let it air dry while sleeping.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi. I have the same problem. When I take a bath and wash my hair, there is tons of it in the drain. I have thick hair also and it freaks me out too. I had my blood tested for hypothyroidism and it was normal. I guess if you are not noticing real thinning, there isn't much to do. But I do get worried about it!! </font>

Thanks for your replies , I guess I'm just a bit paranoid.

Oh yea and I am going to stop blowdrying thats for sure !!