Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: oh god

I am so so so scared...

tonight i went out to dinner with friends, and didn't feel all that great, couldn't really eat much, but i chalked it up to have just gotten back from florida and my body was still adjusting. So i went to bed feeling fin, but about half an hour ago I woke up with a stomachache! Then I got kind of nauseous, especially when I lie down. my stomachache is gone now, but the nausea is still here, and I am VERY nervous that i'm going to v*. earlier today i had a bit of d* but it wasn't really d*-like, just a lot softer than normal. I'm really scared!!! it's 3:30 AM here and i can get to sleep and my dad is no help and i'm so nervous that i am going to v*...help!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

I don't think you need to worry. The worst of it should have been over by now. I know, it is typical emet to stay up all night until you feel fine. Think about the time you are wasting and the sleep you could be doing. I hope tomorrow will be better.

Doug
    To learn more about emetophobia, see
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Oh i feel really bad for you. This probably the totally wrong time-frame for you because i am in england but do you have any anti-emetics you could take or maybe some ginger to nibble on? It's probably just tiredness from travelling that is making you feel bad and the longer you stay awake stressing the worse you'll feel. Just try to stay calm (i know it's easy for me to say that) take some deep breaths or try watching some tv to take your mind of things. I really hope you got some sleep and are feeling better xx
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm

How are you now? I hope you are feeling some better now. I know it's hard to sleep when you feel sick....but rest is the best thing...let us know.
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

Yeah no kidding... I do the same thing of course, but you just need to stay calm if possible (I know how it is, believe me!!) But if you try not to think about it, and if you just try to fall asleep, you might find that you fall asleep and then next thing you know, it's hours later and you're fine. At least, that's how it's happened for me a time or two. So just try to relax and try and get some rest, because trust me, it'll make you feel better!
    \"A life without love is no life at all.\"

Thanks guys!

my dad finally came in and talked to me last night, and i was able to fall asleep around 4:45 AM. I'm awake and don't feel as bad, although i'm still not hungry...but i cant tell if this is because i'm still nervous (because i am) or if it's something different.

Oh well...

<3 Anya--

Your probably just really tired from not sleeping much. If your still nervous, just eat light, get a good nights sleep tonight, and you will probably feel better in the morning. Glad your feeling better!

That happens to me a lot after I get back from a
    different environment, and then being around food,
    ech!
    Sometimes if you play your favorite cd, (do you like
    music?) or draw or do silly things, like you would as
    a child, it will comfort you, and you may forget.
    I hope this helps you poor dear!

Aww thanks!

I've been trying to distract myself with TV (lol really healthy) and been trying to eat, but it's 3:30 PM now and i've only eaten a muffin, a piece of challah bread, and a bit of mashed potatos. I still feel kind of lingering sick, and it worries me because i NEVER can't eat. I love eating. I'm going to go see the pirates of the carribbean in a couple of hours, so hopefully that will distract me. I'm going to have to go out to dinner first though, and i dont want to disappoint my dad by not eating...

<3 Anya--

Hopefully eating will make you feel better. It is probably the anxiety that's affecting your appetite and making you feel nauseous, watching the film should be a good distraction. Little word of warning though, there is a vomit scene in potc2, captain norrington is the culprit lol, you will probably be able to tell when it's coming up, he is really drunk and its just after they get back on the boat and it happens 3 times. I can't handle vomit on screen very well so i found it graphic. Just thought id warn you! The film is really good apart from that!
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm