Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

hey... im a emet for about 3 years now... always thinking about "that"
    and always getting scared of it... well the truth is that i never get
    to v**** always feeling n*** and something on my throut to much nights
    without sleeping but i never really get to v***** its about 6 years
    that i dont v*** ... Anyway im a very nervous person always worried ...
    i`m a smoker too, and sometimes i get worst when i finish a cigarret,
    im trying to quit smoke, but at same time im afraid that quiting smoke
    gets worst the emet... it causes anxiety, nervousism,etc what do you
    think?[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Hi! A couple of my friends gave up smoking last year, and one was a chain-smoker, and they never experienced nausea from quitting. They didn't find it easy as they so longed for a cigarette for months afterwards, but they never felt sick because of quitting or suffered from anxiety.

I am all for people quitting and good for you if you are going to try. Perhaps you could try the nicoteen patches to help you, or do you have a friend that smokes that could give up with you -you could help each other with encouragement etc then.

Have a look at this article http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/1010221.stm Contrary to popular belief about having a cigarette calming your nerves, it's been discovered by researchers that smoking may actually increase anxiety levels!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

^^ She's right. I smoke, and it is like a security blanket for me, but I know that it makes my anxiety worse, as it is a stimulant.

I am with you on this...trying to quit right now too. I quit in the past for about 8 months, I never had problems with nausea, if anything I felt much better with my stomach. I understand the fear of quitting and being even more anxious, I am afraid of that too. For the first few days, you may feel more anxious, but the feelings will pass. It helps to replace the habit with something positive. Like go for a short walk or listen to music, chew gum, etc. PM me, maybe we can make a quit smoking club on here for those of us that are trying to quit...
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

I have to agree...i have smoked for over 20 yrs...and i absolutely love it. But i know it's also a stress reliever for me, well i think it is anyway, probably really isn't. I know i just didnt' make alot of sense with what i just said
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

thanks guys! i will try to quit soon as i can...