Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hello all,

Some of you may remember me posting about me having seizures after having panick attacks related to emet and anorexia....i went to see my doctor this morning and he said im having Psychogenic seizures.

FROM NHS DIRECT

Emotional or stressful events can make some people behave as though they're having a seizure caused by epilepsy. For example, their arms and legs can shake, they may cry and talk to themselves, and they may not seem to notice things going on around them. The person can't control the attack.<SUP>4</SUP> These types of seizures are most common in people who have had mental health problems.

I am being sent to the hospital for an ECG....and was wondering if anyone has heard of these seizures causing vomiting?

xoxo

Not that I know of. Did you ask your doctor that question?
    I hope they figure things out, and get you the treatment you need.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Wow, well i guess at least you know what they are called now and what is causing them. Hopefully you will be able to get treatment and prevent them in future. I wonder if these are the same kind of fits ruth was descibing in one of her posts? Hope you're feeling better soon x
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.