Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: convulsions???

MOVED:

heyyyyyy everyone,

Just a quick question really...

Last tuesday I was round at my next door neighbours house, and the gentleman living there was sweeping up cake crumbs off the carpet. When he got up from brushing them up i noticed how reddy/purpley his face had gone....he went into the kitchen to empty the crumbs into the bin and i heard a spashing noise on the kitchen floor.....he then shouted his wife who infomed me he had thrown up all over the kitchen floor.....I panicked, but not like i usually do...i made an excuse to go and get my mobile phone from home while she delt with the V*....

I got home and went into the kitchen where my mum was.....and the next thing i knew i was lying on the sofa with my mum storking my head....she told me i had had a fit/seizure on the kitchen floor, and i had then slept for 3 hours....this happened again yesterday when i hadnt eaten dinner,and im bothered about telling anyone bcos im scared ill have to go to the hospital.....

I dont have epilepsy, nobody in my family suffers from it....it just seems to happen when im having a panic/anxiety attack....is this normal???

Thanks xxox

i dont know if it's normal but i know last night i had a panic attack and my whole body started shaking uncontrolably like i was having a seizure but i was awake during it, so i guess it just depends on the extent of the panic attack because i could definitly see that happening to me ina situation like that.

my best freind gets anxietal seizures and she doesnt remember them. She didnt have to go to the hospital and actually I have had another freind that had epilepsy and my grandmother delevoped them in her last 5 years of life so i have delt with it alot in my life time. It can be really scary because it happens but when you come around again you dont know what has happened.. its like you black out. I took care of my grandmother and the only thing to worry about ..with her was she would v* when she would have them.. and now that i think about it.. i just now realized she would get them whenever she felt ill and n* maybe she had emetophobia too.. hmm .. sorry anyways.. she was just sent to the hospital because once she had ingested her v* causing perhaps phneumonia. Its pretty common to lose control of bodily fluids when you have a seizure. I am not saying this scare you.. atleast you dont remember and black out. I wish i could black out while v*** sometime. Another time my freind that was also my neighbor had a bad siezure which caused her to have a concussion (sp?) so just be careful. You wont have to go to the hospital.. you will just need to have someone around so you dont hurt yourself when it happens.. i would talk to a doctor about it. They have some great anti seizure meds that can supress them from happening as much and calm you down. Just because you have epilepsy does not mean that you have to go to the hospital. Everyone I know with it pretty much lead semi normal lifestyles.

Take care

\"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

thank so much for your replies! im going to the doctors this morning to see if theres anything they can do!

xXx

Yes, definitely go to the doctor!

You might have some kind of epilepsy and not know it. My mom didn't know she did until she was 17 and no one else in our family has epilepsy. None of her older relatives did, and neither I nor my brother inhereited it from her. There isn't always family history.

I would def. get it checkout out by a doctor. But be sure you tell him or her about the severity of your anxiety. People can definitely "dissociate" from reality when the anxiety gets too bad. You could also have a dissociative disorder of some sort, which is a mental illness akin to a severe anxiety disorder. If you're anorexic, then your brain is deprived of glucose from not enough calories, and this makes you more vulnerable.

Make sure you get it checked out by a doctor, though and get a good diagnosis.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.