Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: treatment

do you guys know any kind of treatment to get this sensation better? im seeing a psychi-neurologist and he said i was with a depression, i told him that i had emetophobia and he looked at me with a stupid face and asked me "what the hell is that?" the doctors here in portugal don`t know anything about it... they`re so stupid... now im having a treatment for depression... well i may have depression yes coz emet puts you in this situation but how can i get cured of this if here where i live nobody understands or knows what emet is... and he`s such a good doctor the best arround so he`s always full toget a consult... even if i had emet followed of depression how can i treat a depression with only a consult in two months or 3? he`s good but i cannot get cured of such thing like this i need more atention of his part dont u think? im having now an antidepressing, some gastro pills and litium... im having a consult with the doctor on september 9... do you think i should tell him that he needs to give me more atention? afterall im getting very seek of life u know... sometimes i feel like i wanna die... i know that there`s people here having the same problem, lets help each other please! [img]smileys/smilies_05.gif[/img]

ps: does anyone knows any pills to nauseas? i`ve tried so many nothing works with me im getting afraid of getting out at night , eating, taking bath, drinking, living life!! please say something soon... thanks!

Dear nagui, I know how you feel! Could you print out some of the information about emetophobia in the "Treatments" forum, and take it to your doctor so he understands exactly wnat emet is?

I'm in Canada and there's an anti-nausea pill available called Gravol, but I don't know if it's available in Portugal? That's what I use when I feel sick.

I hope your doctor is able to help you if you give him more information. Good luck! We are here for you!