Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Meds

Sorry to moan [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img] but i have had a really bad day today, i just can't seem to stop crying for no reason, it start this morning at about 10am i got into a real panic for no reason and had another one of thoese sezuire's and i hit all my ribs and stomach, my mum wants me to go to the hospital to get my ribs checked out as they really hurt and hurts when i move or breath[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img], but im terrified of hospitals. I know that stemetil is an anti-emetic, but higher doses are used for an anti-physcotic and to calm you down, do you think its worth having a higer dose of that tonight?? as i can't get to my doctor now as its closed and im really worried about what to do, lucklily im seeing him tomorrow afternoon as he has been on holiday. I feel bad as my mum started crying saying she dosn't like seeing me like this and she keeps blaming herself for not leaving my dad when i was younger[img]smileys/smilies_12.gif[/img]. I just need something to relax me as i just feel so upset and stressed, i really don't want to have to cut my arms again for feeling bad as thats how i used to take my anger out. Sorry that turned more into a rant..

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hi Ruth,
    I do not want to tell you to take high dose of stemitel or not to. Is there a hospital you can phone. Here in Ireland we have south doc which is after hours doctors on call, am not sure if you have them. A high dose might not solve it.

I am sorry I am not much help to you. Just wanted to let you know someone is here

I am thinking of you

Mar

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

BTW you do not need to apologise for having a moan, we are all entitled to one[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

ruth

I nam sorry you are having such a bad day. PLease do not cut yourself. Take some deep breaths and take you a nice hot bath. I hope you feel better soon.

HUGS!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Aw babe it does sound like you've had a bad day. I know hospitals suck but if your ribs are really sore maybe you should go. They might also be able to give you something to help you calm down, just until you cn see your doctor tomorrow. Im honestly not sure bout stemitil but make sure you don't go over the recommended dose whatever you do! As for your mum, i know this sounds harsh but i think you should concentrate on you. Her regrets are obviously just making you feel worse and you need to calm down and feel a bit more happy before you can help her. There are many ways you can relax rather than cutting because if you start that again you know it's going to be very difficult to stop. I know it's really difficult but just try and find something else to focus on, tv, computer, whatever!

I am totally here if you need me, pm me, myspace me - i don't mind! x x x x
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm

Hey, awwww thanks for the replies. I took one stemetil to try and help with n* aswell, i know its from where i hit myself though. Thanks for the advice!! i went and had a lay down in the end. I told my mum how i felt and said im scared because i feel that low i don't know if i can even go on anymore, i wasn't trying to sound all hard done by and self centred, as i wouldn't do that, i just feel that depressed really i don't know where to turn to. I used to see a physciatrist, but all they did it seemed was focus all on eating, not my mental state, so i really don't know if i could face them again. I did some painted which helped calm me down a little, now im just listening to some music and drinking tea. Thanks for all the support and replies and im really greatfull for all the help.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Since you are coming along so well with your eating maybe it would be a good idea to see a therapist or counsellor that can concentrate more on helping you with your general anxiety and the fits you keep having.

I'm glad you find a release with your art. It used to help me when I was depressed and anxious. You can really lose yourself in it. Abstract paintings particularly help as you can go for it, splashing paint on your paper/canvas, swirling it around & being pretty dramatic- getting all your pent up feelings down there, lol. Might not be very pretty to look at in the end but if it helps release tension who cares?!

Stay strong x
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Awwww thanks[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Yeah art seems to really help as you can just get everyting out i feel, i draw a picture which seemed to help last night and took me a while to draw so it kept me busy lol. Thanks for your support[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

I have an appt at 4.15 today with my doctor to talk about this, so hopefully they will be able to tell me why this keeps happening for and maybe give me something to help it. Thanks again for the reply[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Good luck with the appointment..I hope it helps you[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey thanks[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], well i went and told him everything. The good thing is he weighed me on his scales, im no 6 and a half stone!! so i have put on more then a stone in weight[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]lol. I told him about the hitting myself and he said its like people with smoking, they get stressed or something and then they want to smoke as thats there release, so he said mine is by taking it on myself by hitting or cutting. I got told to get a piece of wood and wack it against the tree lol or draw, which i did and have painted a picture of a volcano exploding to like get the tension out on the page lol. He cheked my ribs and said there just very bruised as you can see the bruising on them so i just have to wait for them to heal. He didn't put me on any medication as he said, i started eating myself and i got over that without any help from the eating disorder units, i now have to find a coping method insted of hitting myself and do something else, so im going to give that a try. Thank you all for all the replys[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Aw it sounds like your doctor is really understanding. It's good that he didn't put you on medication coz obviously he thinks your strong enough to do this - and you totally are! You have done so well this far, congratualtions on putting on that weight. I hope everything keeps going good for you x x x x
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm

stay strong Ruth!!!!!
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

hey does anyone on here ever take ativan or xanex for their anxiety from emet? i do... but i also take anti-depressants. it seems to help, but i still suffer horribly. i was also curious, does anyone ever give themselves every immaginable side effect if they read them on the bottle? i have wanted to switch anti-depressants for years and i can't because i always pychologically give myself EVERY side effect. even if i don't read them, i make some up. and i know that they aren't really physical because i had taken some of these medications in prior years with no problems.

I'm so glad your doctor's visit went well. I've just found the following online from the website mirror-mirror.org,I wondered if some of the listed things may help. I know your problem hasn't been with cutting yourself but some of the suggestions could perhaps be used to stop you hitting/punching yourself.

If you feel the urge to injure yourself, below is a list of suggestions that might help you to overcome that urge. Please be advised that not all of these suggestions will be helpful to everyone. What is helpful to one person, may not be helpful to someone else. These suggestions have been provided by individuals who self injured and what they found helpful to them. If you feel that a certain suggestion may in fact cause you to want to self injure even more, do NOT use that suggestion. Find ones that are helpful for you. Again, these are only suggestions and may not be helpful to everyone.
    <UL>
    <LI>deep breathing
    <LI>relaxation techniques
    <LI>call a friend, your therapist or a crisis line
    <LI>try not be be alone (visit a friend, go shopping, etc.)
    <LI>take a hot bath
    <LI>listen to music
    <LI>go for a walk
    <LI>write in a journal
    <LI>wear an elastic around wrist and snap it when you have the urge to harm yourself
    <LI>some people find it helpful to draw red lines on themselves with washable markers instead of cutting themselves
    <LI>hold ice cubes in your hands - the cold causes pain in your hands, but it is not dangerous or harmful (some people find it relieves the urge to harm themselves for that moment)
    <LI>punching a bed or a pillow (when nothing but a physical outlet for your anger and frustration will work).
    <LI>scratch draw a picture on a thick piece of wood or use a screw driver and stab at the piece of wood. (can be another physical way to release your emotions without harming yourself.)
    <LI>avoid temptation (i.e. avoiding the area in CVS where the razor blades are kept, etc.)
    <LI>try to find your own creative ways as outlets for emotions.
    <LI>learn to confront others/making your own feelings known instead of keeping them inside
    <LI>go outside and scream and yell
    <LI>take up a sport (a form of exercise can help you release tension, etc.)
    <LI>work with paint, clay, play-doo, etc. (the person who suggested this mentioned that they would make a big sculpture and do whatever they wanted to it. They said it was helpful to calm the urge to self-injure, plus it gave them some idea of what might be underlying the pain.
    <LI>draw a picture of what or who is making you angry
    <LI>instead of harming yourself, try massaging the area you want to harm with massage oils or creams, reminding yourself that you are special and you deserve to treat yourself and your body with love and respect
    <LI>go to church or your place of worship
    <LI>wear a pipe cleaner or something that will fit on the places that you injure. One person did this as a way to remind herself that she could call someone instead of hurting herself and that she had other ways to cope.
    <LI>break the object that you use to self-injure as a way to show that you have control over it.
    <LI>write a letter to the person(s) that have hurt you and express how they made you feel. Theses letters do not have to be in perfect form and you do not have to please anyone but yourself. You do not have to give these letters to the people, but it is a great way to release the feelings that you are carrying within. After you write the letters, you can decide then what to do with them. Some people find destroying the letters help (i.e. tear them up, throw them in a lake, etc.)
    <LI>do some household chores (i.e. cleaning)
    <LI>do some cooking
    <LI>try some sewing, crossstitch, etc.
    <LI>recite a poem, prayer or anything else familiar the comforts you multiple times
    <LI>write down all your positive points and why you do not deserve to be hurt
    <LI>write in your journal why yo
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Hey thank you all for the replies and support[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img], yeah my doctor is very understanding and he knows like the whole history of everything so i find it easy to talk to him. My goal wieght for now is 7 and a half stone, so one more stone and yay lol. Thanks so much for the suggestions tcsarah!! theres some really good idea's there. I have an elastic band round my wrist to ping and i also try and do it for ocd, and insted of like washing my hands when i really don't need to, ping it to keep myself distracted. Theres some really good things there to try though, thanks for that!![img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth x

Edited by: xroofusx
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Quote Originally Posted by valarie

hey does anyone on here ever take ativan or xanex for their anxiety from emet? i do... but i also take anti-depressants. it seems to help, but i still suffer horribly. i was also curious, does anyone ever give themselves every immaginable side effect if they read them on the bottle? i have wanted to switch anti-depressants for years and i can't because i always pychologically give myself EVERY side effect. even if i don't read them, i make some up. and i know that they aren't really physical because i had taken some of these medications in prior years with no problems.
    Valerie, I am the same, i dont even take my hayfever/allergy meds cos they have a rare side effect of n***** . Same with asthma but i have to take that so need to try and forget possible side effects. I have to try and think that just because they are listed doesnt mean I will get them. Sometimes i just take sheeto out and give to my boyfriend so i cant see them. But then i get the fear of the unknown. Seems like there is no winning