Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Has anyone tried these new microwave singles by Hamburger Helper?
    I just ate one and it was pretty good but now I'm worried about the
    beef in it. It was freeze dried but I'm not sure what that is??

I may not be right, but like if the meat is freeze dried I think that means it's already been cooked all the way through. Cause like when I eat my Ramen, there are freezedried pieces of beef and Ramen noodles can be good for a year or so. I think you will be fine, besides when they sell singles like that I think they HAVE to cook the meat all the way through. But don't take my word as gospel truth...It's just what I've gathered from being paranoid about food.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

susanandbrandy,

I really hope I have the right person, but wasn't it you who announced they were pregnant a while ago? If so, how are you?

I think it is cooked when its freeze dried because it cant be shelf stable without that...
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Freeze dried food means that afterit has been cooked it has beenfrozen to the extent that all the moisture content in the food has been removed. When water is added to the dried mixture and it is cooked in the microwave, the moisture has been put back into the meat. It is perfectly safe and you won't get sick from it at all.

The only way you could have gotten sick would be if the meat was bad way back in the beginning...but its unlikely. so not to worry
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

yum i love those things...the only problem i had was that the beef kind of turned to dust in my mouth if i chewed it too long. otherwise, tasted exactly how it's supposed to!

you will be fine.. hey people in space and people in the army eat freeze dried foods all the time and dont get sick from them!

I have always aten this a few times and was just okie dokie!

you will be ok but i know how your mind can play tricks on you from time to time!

Take care
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain