Quote Originally Posted by tristanne
I now know that I've been emetophobic since a young age, since I refused to travel in the car with my prone-to-travel-sickness brother; since a variety of other colourful barriers in life. There was no traumatic beginning (at least, none I can remember) - but as a child (and still to some small extent today) my first experiences of sexual arousal were in response to the thoughts or nausea, vomiting or stomach pain. I know. It's almost insane. I am ashamed, embarrassed, and I wish beyond anything that I understood it.

This is the first time in my entire life that I've confessed this, so please don't run at me with pitchforks. I'm not looking for sympathy or quick cures, I just want to let you guys know that it's weird, but it exists. And I'm so happy that I know at least one other person in the world knows what its like.

My theory at the moment is that my guilt reaction to having such a weird childhood fetish spawned my phobia, and anxiety relating to my phobia spawned my current illness.
Tristanne, I see you have never posted a second time. Welcome. Since you posted we have heard from another newbie with the same issue. We have never heard from Jenn again either.

I am inclined to doubt that your fetish caused your phobia. It sounds more like an unconscious phobia brought on your fetish and at that point you were more aware of your emetophobia. At least that is what I took away from your post.

Doug