Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hi everyone, I don't know if i am weird or what but I focus on appendicitis A LOT! About 2 or 3 months ago i had a very small pain in my belly so i looked it up on the internet and it said it could be appendicitis, well as you all know it wasn't because it would hav happened by now. But Now i worry about getting it so much, Now i do get little pains on my right side but I also get the exact same ones on my left side i just focus on the ones on my right more. Its all stems from my emet but is anyone out there like this or was like this??? Is it possible to get very little pains where you think they would be if you did have appendicitis from thinking about it so much?? any suggestions would be great.. thanks

My younger sister had appendicitis recently, and she was in excrusiating pain..so bad that she couldnt even walk..so i doubt you have that. stop worrying so much, appendicitis isnt very common. the small pain could be anything from gas,to sumthing your stomach isnt tolerant of, to ibs..or even just anxiety..i think maybe you should go get it checked by a doc just incase..if the pain is consistent there could be somthing wrong there..go get it checked just to be safe.
    Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.

Hi thanks for the reply, it was great to hear that it's not common. my pain is really not constant, I know it is weird.. then why do I even think I have it... I am agoraphobic with generalized anxiety disorder and on top of that I have emet. So i have a lot of time to sit around and think, so any pain that I do get I usually try to find a cause and this appendicitis thing is just stuck in my head. it's just scary because that would most likely be the time that I have to face my fear.. but thank you for your reply [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

I do the same thing. My little sister just had appendicitis and afterwards I swore I had it one day. But, like icicle said, it is excrusiating pain, there is no way you could mistake a little pain in your side. I was living with my sister at the time and she was in so much pain. She couldn't stand up straight, was hunched over the couch, it was obvious. And she didn't v* from it! I was relieved about that because she is the type of person that will v* to make herself feel better. I figure if she can have it without v*, then there is a good chance that if I ever get it, I can make it without v* too.

Hun I do this all the time, I see something on the internet that I shouldn't see and freak and believe it's happening to me, It's all in the head, every symptoms your feeling is created, people that have anxiety or a phobia do create things, One night I was looking up something I can't remember something to do with the symptoms I was having andI looked it up and cancer things came up and I started to flip I really thought I had cancer and then the symptoms started to worsen, sharp pains all over my body, that was my first symptoms a sharp pain... And I looked it up and it was cancer and omg I was so scared I woke up my mom and she's like Erin can't you see it's all in your head your imagining these things! But still I didn't believe her, now I do cause I obsess about those things all the time it's on thing or another.... So hun this is all in your head your obsessing about this, and that's why you getting these feelings still, remember to tell yourself no matter if you don't believe, there is nothing wrong with me I'm perfectly healthy person! RELAX it's all in the head! I hope that helped!