Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: =( IBS?

Help me please

I posted before about having a bad ibs attack, well thats what I think it was, I feel like it ist starting to happen again..

Is there any way possible that I can stop this??

Its such an awful feeling?

does distraction really help?

Sorry for whining about this, but the discomfort is very nasty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

hiya love

im sorry your feeling as bad as you are ...i dnt know what i can say to make you feel better about things ..... maybe u need to see a doctor and have some allergy testing .. i suffer with ibs but not half as bad as what u do by the sounds of it ,.. i know when i was at my worst .. i was really bad and they tested for allergys just to double check ... maybe it's worth looking into ... apart from that try stick to plain foods and water

sorry im not much help

hope you feel better soon xxx

hey jodi,

Thankx for your reply, Ive just got the cramps at the moment but Im praying that the d* doesnt come next, I did eat a rich meal tonight with things I know I shouldnt have, but I needed the veg and well cheese because I like it lol...

I just cant cope with this anymore, I went to the docs, and all she said was oh try colpremin, I said ive got a sensitive tummy, but she persisted and pushed me out basically..

So im stuck till I move to england in 2 months,

Thankx for coming over though, im going to try writing and try distract myself but if these cramps dont move I going to end up crying..

x

Hey violet, im really sorry your feeling like this. I don't suffer from ibs personally so i can't offer much advice in that area, i was just wondering which part of england you are moving to lol! Sorry to be no help! x
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm

Im moving to just near Newcastle

Thats ok about the advice, im just holding tight that this is going to pass...

Need to eventually sleep!!
    x

Hi violet - sorry you're feeling low! If this is any consolation, I had my first IBS attack a few months ago when I was really stressed out with exams and everything. It lasted about a month, which was horrible! BUT...the moment I walked out of my last exam...it completely dissappeared, and I've been back to normal ever since!

So perhaps yours is stress/anxiety related? I think most IBS is, right? If you can eliminate some worries from your life I think you'll certainly find you feel alot better. Also, don't let the worry of having IBS build on whatever worries you already have...that's what happened to me, and was probably why I suffered so badly for those 4 awful weeks.

Are you anxious about moving at all, by any chance? Just work on some relaxation techniques and stuff, deep breathing and all that (if that's what might be causing this!). When I had it, I tried to eat small meals, and ate them slowly. Just treat your body a bit delicately, I guess!

I really hope you feel better soon [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

~Julie xxx
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"