Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hybrid View

I've been on it before, and it's made me nauseous, but I have never vomited from it. But I'm going back on birth control tomorrow-- ortho tricyclen lo, and i'm wondering if anyone has any tips to prevent/control nausea? (without anti-nausea pills, bc i don't have any!) thanks!!

Christina

Christina- Take them at night right before you go to bed. That way, you will likely sleep through any nausea they may cause. After a few weeks, your body will have adjusted and you will likely be fine.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ginger ale does wonders for me, if you can get some! Good luck!

Take them with food..think of it this way...when your pregnant you get morning sickness...and to prevent that you just need to eat food every 20 min to prevent the n*, so do the same while your getting used to it, thats what I did. it helped, then i didnt feel bad at all...
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hey thanks for the replies!!

i heard about the night thing, but when I first took birth control over a year ago, I took my first pill in the evening with dinner and woke up the next morning very nauseous. And every other time I got nauseous from the pill,it happened in the middle of the night, actually waking meup. So maybe the morning thing would be better for me.

I bought some gingerale, should I drink it while I feel bad, or after I feel better? I'll make sure I keep eating too!

Hopefully, the pill won't be so bad...it's a different one from last time, and I guess ortho tricyclen lo is supposed to have a different progrestin hormone that's lesslikely to cause side effectsor something like that.

thanks!

I used to take Ortho Tricyclen (the regular one) and I always took it right before I went to bed with a full glass of water and a few crackers or a piece of bread or something. I never had any problems.

I'd say drink the ginger ale when your tummy hurts

I remember when i started taking ortho try cyclen.. it wasnt lo but i was a tad n* for the first couple of days but i took it at night and it got better and now i never get n* from it . And I also agree with the others take it at night with some ginger ale and some crackers. And even though BC can make you a lil n* i never v* from it.

Also a good pointer if you ever miss a day.. and if you have to double up the next day. Take one the next morning when you remember and the second dose later that night before bed. Because if you take them close together like i did once, it will make you feel very very ILL.. and i found that this made it a lot less and i never got preggo so.. it still worked.

Take care
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

My nausea did not hit until lie 35 days after I started taking the pills. I woke up at 3:15am two days in a row dry heeving. Scared the day lights out of me. I think that I why I cant sleep at night right now. THis was in May. I too took them at night and thought I could sleep through it. Since you are in the U.S, take a drowsy or non drowsy dramamine before you go to bed. If you get hit with nausea and you want it taken care of fast, ground 1 dramamine up into a powder and take it with water or juice or something. It is not a bitter pill. It is actually kinda sweet. I have the generic dramamine I bought from walgreens. Works just as good! Right now I have an ovarian cyst going on and it causes morning sickness sick symptoms. WHen I get woke up at 4 am I take the dramamine and it works in about 2 minutes. I have not used my heavy meds yet like phenergan or meclizine. I am saving those!

wow thanks guys! I think I will try taking the first pill tonight, and maybe I'll go pick up some dramamine just in case. Thanks for the info about doubling up too... but since i'm not having sex in teh past when i missed a pill i always just threw it out...however that messed me up and sometimes made me feel sick so maybe not a good idea.

Oh you just reminded me to take mine! I take it before I go to bed also, and always with a little snack. I'm on the same pill and only really got nauseous with them when I was in high school and I would sometimes pop them without eating, not a good idea. I've missed a pill and had to take a double dose but I would span it out like I'd take one pill at breakfast and the other at my normal time, never made me feel sick. good luck.

*kim

if your going to foget to take it, i suggest the patch...it works great...i never have to worry about it.
    I love Sam