Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

And, of course, it's a holiday weekend so I can't get to the doctor until Tuesday. I have been feeling kind of n*, but I don't know if it's from the UTI, not eating well, or I could possibly be pregnant again (yikes!). Has anyone ever had n* and v* with a UTI before? I am kind of scared because it is going to have to go untreated for another couple of days until I can get in to see the doctor. I have had some symptoms for the past few days, but they have come and gone. Right now, though, it isn't letting up at all.

I used to get alot of UTI's, and I know, they are miserable. But I never did have n* or v* from them.

The BEST thing to do is drink a full glass of Cranberry Juice Cocktail. Whenever I'd feel one coming on, I'd drink a glass right away, then another full one before bed that night, and I swear to you, I wouldn't get the UTI full-on. It's worth a try......
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I did buy some cranberry juice, so I will give it a shot. I actually really hate cranberry juice, well, cran-graape is good, but I but pure cranberry for this dumb UTI. I have only drank a little bit of it, but I will drink a big glass of it now. Hopefully it will help.

Try it---I think it may help [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Oh, and YES, Cranberry Grape is the BEST!!!

I really hope you rid the UTI soon.
    ~*~Charlene~*~

ack i get UTI's constently! and when i didnt treat it in a timely manner i would start to get a fever and i would get pretty n* there has been two times too that it progressed into a kidney infection and that landed me in a hospital bed with IV Fluids and IV antibiotics.. fun fun.. so yes make sure you drink LOTS of fluids and i am talking like 8 glasses a day and drink cranberry juice and or anything high in anti oxidants like green tea is great for it too!

I found out i was getting mine from being dehydrated all the time so now whenever i feel it coming on i drink water.. like a glass every hour or two and it usually clears up.

I hope you feel better soon!
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

...make sure it is the real cranberry juice. The cocktails don't have enough cranberry concentrate to be at all useful in regards to a UTI. In the naturals section of the grocery store, they usually have the straight cranberry juice, not from concentrate. If it is too harsh for you, you can cut it with other juice, just make sure you drink more of it.

Hope it clears up soon!

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like amber said you should drink pure cranberry jucie, and nothing with
    sugar in it, the sugar will just help the infection grow...if it is too
    strong you can mix it with water...but i have had to do this before and
    infact it cleared up because i even needed the doctors...also there are
    homopathic cran pills you can take to help too.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I've always drank Cranberry Juice Cocktail, and it always worked. I've done this successfullly 6 times in the last few years, so it must work fine. It wasn't just something I read about, I actually drank it andit actually worked, so it may very wellwork for you also. I'm not starting a war, but I'm proof that it works just fine.Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Well, it turns out I don't need the cranberry juice. It wasn't a UTI after all, it was anothe rkidney stone. I woke up at 2:30 in the morning with massive backpain.I knew it was a kidney stone because I have had them before, but I didn't have any pain killers left. THe pain subsided after a while and I was able to go back to sleep. When I woke up, the pain was one so I peed in the little strainer thing the hospital gave me last time and there was the little bugger! I can't remember how big my last ones were, but my husband swears this one is bigger. I knew I had more in there, and I was supposed to have a CT scan in February to check on them but I couldn't because I was pregnant. I think I will schedule an appointment to get that doen soon. I just have to make sure Im not already pregnant again! [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

i read in a mag that if you take 1000 units of vit c per day....it boosts your immune system to fight the uti and 16 oz of 100% pure cranberry juice....it helps reduce the acid in your urine to get rid of the symptoms.

you can also get AZO Cranberry Pills....or go to any heathfood store for cranberry pills. Also Get some Dramamine....it is over the counter....get the original formula. take 1...after 30 min if the n has not gotten better take a 2nd one. they dissolve quickly and work fast. good luck!!!

When I was pregnant the last time, I got a uti, and my midwives told me to take a lot of Emergen-C drink mix, like one per hour. Sometimes that can clear it up. In my case, it lessened my symptoms, but I had to go on antibiotics in the end, becaue I had left it for so long.