Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: stressing

Hybrid View

I am going back to work tomorrow after over 7 weeks off (I was ill for just over a week with a bug and then it was the summer holiday). I am terrified of going back. I am shaking and panicking and feeling sick (psychological i know!) and I just don't know how I will cope. To ease the pregnancy sickness i am eating little and often all day long. As i have been off work for so long I can do this but I can't excatly munch a packet of crisps whilst the children are working. Also there is a theatre trip coming up in a couple of weeks and I know I can't go. I am still feeling sick and I am panicking on short car jouneys so I can't imagine what I will be like on a 40 minute coach journey but I don't know how to say this to the head. And what will I do when the bugs start going round? I hate being so pathetic but I just don't have the strength for this.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

Could an exception be made as you are suffering from morning sickness, by allowing you to snack on something savoury like crisps whilst you are working? -It would afterall make you more able to to your job better. If the kids want to know why you are eating you could explain in a simply way about how some pregnant ladies feel queasy during pregnancy and eating salty snacks helps.

Explain to the head how badly you are being effected by morning sickness I'm sure he/she willunderstand about you sncking and being unable to go on the theatre trip. My cousin suffered really badly with morning sickness and found it difficult to work (she is in th RAF) they were very understanding and gave her quite a bit of time off. If it gets too bad I'm sure you won't be expected to keep working. Hopefully this will pass when you progress with your pregancy.

By the time you read this you will have probably had your first day back, so hopefully all went well. Please let us know.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Aww Hale, I can imagine it is tough. I would definately talk to the head-person (principle?) and tell him/her that you suffer from morning sickness and you need to be able to have small snacks all day to keep the queasiness at bay. I bet they would understand, surely they don't want you missing work all the time due to feeling ill if you can do something to help it (eating small amounts all day).

Also, for peace of mind maybe keep a pump-bottle of purell on your desk. You can do it,

I take it since you mentioned kids that you're a teacher? Well, actually you might be able to keep like a packet of crakers or something inside your desk and grab a couple occasionally when the kids are busy. After all it doesn't take that long to eat a cracker. Maybe 10 seconds.

I kept a bag of almonds in my backpack in high school incase I got hungry before lunch, and I still do now in college for when I don't have time to go eat a proper lunch because my classes are too close together.

Thanks for the replies. I'm not a teacher so I don't have a desk but have kept my bag with me. I had an ok day yesterday but today was horrible. I felt so ill and couldn't calm down all day. I just feel trapped in a nightmare and I don't know what I am going to do. I am in such a mess. I hate being pregnant, i feel so sick and I can't cope.
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.

I am so sorry that you are feeling this way. I know how nerve-wrecking going to work can be. Sometimes it takes all of my strength just to make it through the day at my job too. Its especially hard after you have had some time off (ataste of the good life)[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]!!! Just give your self some time to ease back into things and cut yourself some slack too!! If you need to eat, then eat!! Explain to the kids and then don't feel bad about it. You need to take of yourself right now being pregnant especially...
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

I really feel for you. I know how badly my cousin suffered with morning sickness and she isn't an emet - she just felt drained all the time, utterly miserableand like she didn't dare go anywhere unless she knew she could get to a loo quickly. She suffered so much in her pregnancy but when her baby daughter came along she said she was well worth it all!

You may have already tired these but just incase you haven't there are some acupressure bracelets you can buy called seabands that can help with nausea in pregnancy. Also have you seen this site: http://www.morningsicknesshelp.com/ There are lots of tips on relieving nausea.

Take care.
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb