Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Does anyone else suffer from asthma here??. I used to have it really bad, but it seemed to calm down for a while and now all of a sudden its come back really bad. I've got given two new inhalers the other day from the doctor, which help a bit, but the last few nights, i lay down and i can't breath right, its like i get up gasping for air and i feel i just can't get anything. It helps when i go outside in the fresh air, does anyone else have this??. Thanks.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My daughter, "brittaniray", has asthma, and so do I. she finds it helpful to drink Sprite, for some reason. Also, plain black coffee is supposed to ease an asthma attack. I know asthma is no fun!! Sorry you're having trouble [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img].
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Awwww thanks for the advice, i shall try that out, sorry that your daughter has it also. Thanks for the reply[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

No problem. Happy to help!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Do you suffer from allergies? they say allergies can trigger asthma attacks. It must be scary not feeling like you can breathe.

While I don't have asthma, I had bronchitis really bad last summer. I had such bad coughing attacks that I couldn't breathe or talk. It stunk when I had an attack while working, and had to have someone take over, so I could recouperate. I remember just sucking on a cough drop and drinking cola helped. Maybe it's the syrup in soda? Since Sprite helps Brittany---maybe there's a connection? Dunno.

If my allergies get too bad I suffer with asthma attacks, although I've not had one for years now. Last time was one summer when I had really bad hayfever. I have to be careful if a room is smoky as that can set me off wheazing and struggling to breathe.

Stress can be another trigger for attacks and you have been going through a lot lately. Do you think it may be linked to stress/panics?
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Hey thanks for the replies[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. I don't have any allergies, it just jappens everynight. It seems to be when i start to settle down and calm down, its like im ok when im getting ready to go bed and when i first lay down, its when i started dropping off to sleep, i can't breath and get up gasping for air, i took my inhaler last night, but sometimes it dosn't relive it that much, maybe i should go talk to my doctor about it. Thanks again for the help[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

I have recently been re-diagnosed with asthma, it lay dormant for 8 years. I get the real breathless thing too but i am a smoker also and have tried to give up but am one of the few who experiences n***** so at the end of the day it wasnt working. I find if i have a shower it clears my airwaves..just dont wash your hair. Also if u sit up straight and breathe in fully through your nose, hold for 3-5 secs and breathe out through your mouth about 10 times it may help, worked for me sometimesI also got an air purifier for my room. Worked wonders

Hope it helps

xx mar

Have other tips also if u need them

Edited by: irishchick
    Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Hey thank you for the advice[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. Yeah i might try an air purifier. They also do these oxegen mask things you can buy now for about £30 so i might think about gtting one of those for when it gets bad. Thank you again[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img].

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Let me know how u do with it...Am always interested in peoples ways to conbat attacks

xxmar

Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

I find that this time of year is the worst for asthma. I was dxed w/ asthma when I was a teen; but it is seasonal. Occassionally I need to use it throughout the year, but it's most common at this time of year. I've found that keeping the inhaler w/ you helps, but that taking a shower or inhaling steam are also pretty good. I hope you start feeling better.

Just out of curiousity, how frequently are you using your inhaler?
    Friendship is like pee in your pants.... everyone can see it.... but only YOU can feel it\'s true warmth...

Thanks for the reply[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]. I take one morning and night and the other when needed, mine starte when i used to do running, then it went away then it came back, but yeah i think the heat makes it worse.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!

Im going to go to my doctors about it tomorrow now, last night was horrible. It's really warm here at the moment which i think makes it worse, i went to bed at about 1am was fine untill i got in, then all of a a sudden i couldn't breath, my whole air supply just felt like it went and my jaw kind of cleched together it was strange i got up and gasped for air and took the inhaler you can take like in between having the one you take morning and night, but it was really weird as i just couldn't breath for them seconds, so maybe i should go talk to the doctor about it, i just don't want to keep like going down there every 5 seconds i hope it dosn't look like im being ott lol.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!