Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Like now, its nearly1am and I've got school in 6 hours, I really need to get some sleep but I can't seem to switch my brain off. Anyone got any long and short term ideas? Edited by: x hannah x

eek, it's always so hard to go to sleep when there's something on your mind! I have that problem too, but here are some ideas:
    <UL>
    <LI>Count sheep. I know it sounds really cliche and stupid, but hear me out.I imagine each sheep jumping a fence in imaginative ways as I try to count. Pretty soon i'll lose count and just drift off. If you don't like sheep, you can use another animal .</LI>
    <LI>Maybe sleep with some music in your ear? Not like, heavy metal, something more soft. This doesn't help me personally, but it helps a bunch of my friends.</LI>
    <LI>This is a long term one: I read in a magazine that one thing that causes people to not be able to sleep are stimulants like the computer and TV right before you go to sleep. It suggested to stop IMing friends and not go into the computer for about half an hour before you want to go to sleep, and just read a book or something. That way your brain starts winding down early.</LI>[/list]

Sorry if this is no help! Good luck!

&lt;3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

Thanks Anya, Ill try the sheep thing now... lol

Short term- chamomile tea, reading something boring, turning off the lights and anything remotely stimulating and lying in bed (eventually you will drift off), count backwards from 100...

long term: I use a natural sleep aid called Melatonin. It's something that your body produces naturally, and it can be taken in pill form. If you take some about an hour before bed and then not do anything that would get you excited, it really helps you drop off and sleep through the night. It was recommended to me when I got back from Australia and was badly jet-lagged, it was recommended to me by a naturopath, and it works awesome.

*amber*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

If I can't sleep, I take a benedryl, mit knocks me right out.

I've tried all sorts of things to try and help me sleep as I've suffered from insomnia for years.

First of all try not to worry about not sleeping, this will only make matters worse and keep you awake for longer, remember just laying in bed resting is doing your body good.

Don't clock watch! This will not help at all!

Read for a little bit to see if that helps.

As you lay relaxing in bed play little games in your head that are quite monotonous. I playan alphabet game where I think of a subject and go through the alphabet having to think of a name for each letter. Hopefully you will have drifted off before you reach z!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb