Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Help!

I'm feeling so overwhelmed right now. I dont want to make this one big long sob story. I'm in tears, i just can't hold it in anymore. Fighting this emets thing is tuff, i'm trying to stay ontop of it and stay strong but i'm finding it really hard right now. I start back at uni next week and although i am looking forward to having a routine again i am very scared of all the what if's. I'm so anoyed that the emets has over shadowed who i am, i'm prolly at the lowest i could be right now. Feeling like i wanna just pack it all in. I'm seeing a counsellor at the moment, since May but i'm soon going to have to stop our sessions or at least draw them to a close because its on the NHS and theres a time limit to how long you can see him. Guess i'm just needing a bit of comforting from people who understand what it's like to feel so helpless. I know everyone experiences emets in a different way though.
    Was good to have a cry and let some of it out, and to vent on here. So even if no one replies at leat i feel a bit better by moaning about it on here.

Katie

Sorry you are feeling so bad. It is horrible when we hit these low times. I am sure you will feel better when you actually get back to uni even though the thought of it is worrying you now. I really hope you feel better soon.

I know that when my emet was at it's worst and I was at my lowest all I
    wanted to do was throw in the towel. Sometimes this fear is just one
    giant, very tiring struggle, but tomorrow's a new day. You won't feel
    like this forever. Try your best not to worry about the 'what ifs' and
    start thinkin' about the 'right nows'. (I think that might be a Dr.
    Phil quote.) Good for you for going back to college. Have fun and
    enjoy this time in your life!!!!
    Edited by: sherbear

I'm sorry you're feeling down. We do hit our very low points, and think that we just can't go on, be we can! We need other things in our lives to help distract us from our emet worries. You're luckty to be going to uni--that is a great distraction and you could have alot of fun!! I hope you feel better soon![img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I have been there. I'm sure going to college is going to be a good thing, even if it causes some stress now. Hang in there.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Hey there. Just put one foot in front of the other. You'll make it there.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hey Katie,

*massive hugs* I can relate to how you're feeling! Going back to uni will be great, and you hit the nail on the head: you will have a routine. You will be occupying your mind, and this is GREAT for someone with emet! Once you get back there and see your friends, and start doing some studying again, you won't have time to think of those pesky "what ifs". When you're out there enjoying life, all those little fears just seem to diminish. It seems huge and daunting at the moment, but once you get back into the swing of things, I promise you, you'll be wondering what on earth you were so worried about!

Don't worry, we all have our low moments where we feel utterly fed up with this phobia. But the good thing is, its not always this bad. Just take one day at a time, and focus on all the good things in this world [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]you'll bounce back.

Let us know how you get on!

~Julie
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"

Hey

It's the morning now, i had a great sleep because i used my relaxation cd befor i went to bed. Thank you for all the kind replies I'm feeling alot better this morning, i'm just going to get on with it. Was just having a bad night last night i think.

Katie

Katie, this is my first visit to the site. in fact, I just became a member today. I have been in your shoes since I was 10 and I am now 37. I am sorry you are feeling overwhelmed, but I am glad that neither you nor I are not alone as I previously had thought. Hang in there. Apparently we have a lot of support online!