Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Has anyone ever experienced this?

I just started a biology class and cannot use the microscope. I get soooo dizzy from looking in it and then I end up with a sick headache. Has anyone ever had this? What do you figure the problem is? How can I get over this?
    \"This too shall pass\"

Hmm, must just be the way your vision is changed when you look through one makes you feel sick. I get the same when I try and read in the car, that sick headache feeling.

I've gotten that feeling as well in Bio lab - the key is not to look for long periods of time - only look through in short intervals.. and give your eyes a break when they get sore/tired.
    ~*Jill*~ Teacher, Advanced BSc in Psychology

"You can unlock any door as long as you have the right key". Mrs. Brisby, Secret of Nimh

that used to happen to me to in my biology class in high school.. so i pretty much avoid microscopes now so i dont really have any suggestions accept maybe take a dramamine cuz it is in a way sort of a motion sickness issue.. i dunno.. sorry im not much help!
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

I take bio right now, and I don't feel sick exactly but i feel sort of dizzy. I also think that it is because you have to change your vision a lot and i sort of go cross eyed when i look through the microscope.

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!