Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: omg help??

Right, just had a huge scare, I was in the bathroom plucking my gf's eyebrows and she was looking up to the light, and she got really really dizzy and crawled out the bathroom and slid down the wall, she remained alert but nearly almost fainted..

It has took me 10mins to get her up and into the sitting room and now she is cold and shaking with a strange preassure sensation in her neck, shes wrapped up in 2 jackets and drinking a sweet cup of tea..

Thing is though, she feels really cold and is shaking with a headache, like she has the chills and is pretty disorentated..

Really hoping that she hasnt got anything but she keeps burping and looking really pale..

Anyone got any insight?

Im shaking im that scared!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hmm. Might be worth it to call the nurse line and see what they think. I hope your gf feels better soon!

Oh dear. That sounds scary. You said it happened while looking at the light, so do you think it could be a migrane?

I guess I'd say wait for now and see what happens, but if she faints or starts getting an extremely high fever you might want to consider taking her to a hospital.

Edited by: chicajojobe

Well she has drank her tea and is still talkinbg, feeling a little tired and a bit black under the eyes, im guessing because she is pale!!

She had her neck in the one place for about 5mins, could it maybe have been that as her head was held backwards?

Im still pretty shaken up about it, she has stopped shaking at the moment, and promises me that she doesnt feel anything apart from tired, but im going to keep her awake for a little while longer to make sure she is alright.

Ugh how scared am I [img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

something like this happened to me at work a couple years ago. I dont even know what caused it. The ER said it was too much caffiene and was just a massive panic attack but i think something else but yet they werent concerned enough to give me a catscan even though they asked me if i wanted one. But the clausterphobic i am opted out of that. ANYWAYS.. the point is. I got really dizzy and cold and then tingly all over and almost passed out, and everything i said didnt make any sense and i was really disoriented and cold and shaking but my hands were numb it felt like they werent connected tomy body. It was horrible the manager got scared and called the paremedics and i went to the hospital where they just gave me xanex.. whatever.. stupid US doctors. Give her some juice just in case its low blood sugar but when that happened to me i had just had lunch an hour earlier.. so who knows. if it doesnt improve u might want to go to a hospital or call in a doctor or a nurse.

I know how you feel.. but hang in there and bravo for staying so strong girl!!

Hugs
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

one time my daughter did this when I was putting an earring in her ear. Some sort of "almost-fainting spell" of some kind. It was weird. It could be anything, I suppose but it could also be related to the eyebrow-plucking. Followed by an anxiety attack.

Even if she is sick, you can't catch it from just being near her, so don't worry.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

You know maybe its from the way her head was tilted and held in that position for awhile. Maybe doing that triggered something to cause her to almost pass out. Its just ironic that it also happened to your daughter Sage when her head was in a similar position. Possibly it caused her equilibrium to go out of whack or something.

I think it was some sort of "mind trick" with the earring going in - I had trouble with it. Something like a wound, ya know? Like when people faint when they see someone ELSE bleeding, but fainting is a phenomenon for humans when they loose their own blood...it's weird.

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Wait, I don't understand what you're saying.

Even if her ears were being pierced for the first time, she couldn't have lost THAT much blood from it.

No I think sage means that seeing the site of loosing your own blood causes the reaction of fainting for some reason not that she lost alot of blood.

Thankx everyone for your replys, my gf is feeling much better now..

As for me, hmm thats just another story.

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

sorry for being unclear...what I mean is that there is some anxiety phenomenon that tricks your mind into THINKING you're losing blood (like when you see someone else bleeding) or in my daughter's case...her mind was being tricked into thinking she was being "wounded" somehow, so she fainted. Maybe the same thing happened with the girl's eyebrows. And I wasn't piercing her ears! I was just taking out the earring they first use, and trying to put in another one but it wouldn't go through. And this kid was never "squeamish" or anything, so it was a strange thing.

Oh, I get it now. Yeah that makes sense.