Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: pink chicken

Right, so yesterday was my boyfriends birthday, we went out for a meal and I was trying my hardest just to eat things without fussing in order for him to have a good time and not worry about how I was feeling, anyway, we ordered a starter which was a big platter or chicken wings with bbq sauce on, salads and onion rings, breadsticks... potatoes... etc.. I thought i would have some chicken cos I really like it and it's not worth missing out on because of a phobia, so I ate it and the outskirts of the chicken were perfectly white and cooked, but closer to the bone it was pink (I didn't eat this bit, but I'm scared I ate some without realising) on a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being blood pink) it was about 5... All day I have been worrying, and getting panic attacks about whether i will get salmonella or not, I was just wondering if anybody else has ever eaten slightly pink chicken and been ok...? It is just coming up to 24 hours ago and my axiety levels are extremely high... someone help me pleeease!!? Thanx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You would of been poorly hours ago if not in the night last night if youhad bad food. if i were you i would be calming down by now as it has been nearly 24 hours. It's time to relax now. You are going to be fine.

Yup cloughie is right, you would have been ill hours ago if the chicken was bad!!

Well done for going out for his b-day though!!!!

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thanx you too =) My arttutor has worried me, cos he was telling me he had got salmonella in the holidays and it started 2 days later from when he had eaten the bad food... he also worried me by saying he had to go in to hospital! Silly man! He knows about my phobia, my mum isnt happy with him! But thankyou very much, calming down now =) Off to bed. Talk soon! xxx

sometimes bbq chicken looks pink from the sauce they marinate it in, and it's not raw anyway. I think the chicken has to be REALLY undercooked - just warm and not cooked at all. That doesn't sound like your experience, so don't worry.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

Yeah, sometimes chicken is pink, or even grey on the inside - no need to worry, amy! [img]smileys/smilies_02.gif[/img]
    \"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars..\"