Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

OK--I'm panicking and my heartbeat is through the roof!

I have a phobia of lightning, and right now we are having a major thunder, lightning and rain storm. The thunder and lightning are SO CLOSE, it's so loud!!!!! I feel like I can't take a deep breath!

My husband is over by the window looking at the lightning---crazy man!

I'm scared..........

~*~Charlene~*~

AAGGGHHHH!!!! It won't stop!

My chest hurts!!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

awww dont stress!! are you scared of being struck by it or it just scares you in general? cos the chances of you or your house being hit at like one in a million. just sit back and try to enjoy the light show
    Angles

I'm afraid the house will be struck, and it's so scary!! In the neighborhood we used to live in, a house just got struck a few weeks ago---scary!!! It was on the news. The house we're in now is newer, so hubby says the newer houses are better "grounded", and probably are safe.

Ugh--but it's so loud and scary. I wish I wasn't afraid, because it looks cool, but at the same time, it absolutely terrifies me.

Thanks so much for responding, you did make me feel better.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Apparently, you have a 1 in 3 million chance of being struck by lightning so I'd say you and your house will be absolutely fine. You know....there's a higher risk of you v* than being hit by lightning.....just trying to put it in perspective, not worry you...really!!

Hope it all passes soon.

Quote Originally Posted by suze

Apparently, you have a 1 in 3 million chance of being struck by lightning so I'd say you and your house will be absolutely fine. You know....there's a higher risk of you v* than being hit by lightning.....just trying to put it in perspective, not worry you...really!!

Hope it all passes soon.

In that case, I'd much rather have the lightning--LOL

It just looks so close to us outside!

It went away for a few minutes, and now the pouring rain, lightning, and crackling thunder is back! AGH--I need to get some sleep, but I can't with the sky lighting up every few seconds!

Thanks you guys, I appreciate your replies.[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

My cousin is just like you - absolutely terrified of thunder and lightning, she gets into a real panic. Just try and keep in mind that you are 40-50 times more likely to win the lottery than you are to be killed by lightning, and we all know how slim the odds are for winning the lottery!

I absolutely love storms, I sit in the window watching them!
    .•:*¨¨*:•.Tracey.•:*¨¨*:•.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
    - Japanese proverb

Quote Originally Posted by tcsarah

My cousin is just like you - absolutely terrified of thunder and lightning, she gets into a real panic. Just try and keep in mind that you are 40-50 times more likely to win the lottery than you are to be killed by lightning, and we all know how slim the odds are for winning the lottery!

I absolutely love storms, I sit in the window watching them!

You do?? OMG-you don't get scared? I wish I could do that!

LOL--know what? Our annoying family friend Bobs' mom just won $770,000.00 from the NY lottery! Weird, huh?
    ~*~Charlene~*~

I get afraid of the loud thunder, thats what gets me about storms. Do you fear the loud thunder? I also get kinda scared of it hitting the house or close by.

Quote Originally Posted by Galadriel

I get afraid of the loud thunder, thats what gets me about storms. Do you fear the loud thunder? I also get kinda scared of it hitting the house or close by.

EXACTLY how I feel!!!

Thank you all for helping me through it---today is nice and sunny!![img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Do you have an iPod? Maybe you can listen it next time there's a storm so that the thunder won't seem as loud.

Quote Originally Posted by chicajojobe

Do you have an iPod? Maybe you can listen it next time there's a storm so that the thunder won't seem as loud.

Yeh my daughter has one --- that's a really good idea!!! Thanks!
    ~*~Charlene~*~