Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hello my name is Leah

I wanted to share my experience with others. I had emetophobia as well
    as a massive fear of flying and then I went on C4 TV show called 'Fear of
    Flying and was lucky enough to be treated by this wonderful man called
    Lawrence Leyton.

He not only helped me with my fear of flying but also my emetophobia. I
    am 100% fine now after many years of suffering.

He used these amazing techniques – some of them a bit strange, I must
    admit, but they worked. I had to tap on various parts of my body and
    stuff like that, plus I had to change my voice or images inside my head.

It worked for 40 people!

If you want to know more contact me or go to his website. On his website
    you can even see clips of the show. Although this is focussed on fear of
    flying yhe same techniques worked on my emetophobia. Look at the link
    that says fast phobia cure you can download free information.

www.lawrenceleyton.com/software.php

[img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img] [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

Not to jump to conclusions or anything but why does this sound like an advertisement for a quick and easy cure that we need to spend money on? I'm just a bit skeptical but that's just me.

~Monica
    David Duchovny I want you to love me
    To kiss and to hug me, debrief and debug me
    David Duchovny I know you could love me
    I\'m sweet and I\'m cuddly-I\'m gonna kill Scully!

Hey, i watched that program!! and saw all the the things they used on there to help, like when you had to take the bad image and shrink it to the smallest size and then replase it with something nice??, i did that and it did help. Thanks for the post, im going to look into more help for this now.

Ruth x

TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Don't be sceptical be open minded. There were 40 of us on the show. Check
    out his forum and see for yourself. They will tell you in there own words
    what went on and how they were cured.

thanks will defo look into it .. paul mckenna uses the same sorta things for eating etc

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Anything that guarantees a "fast" cure, to mesounds likea definite scam and likely a waste of money. I'm not saying that some of the "techniques" he uses don't have merit, but anything that promises a cure the easy way is probably wishful thinking.

So count me into the skeptical crowd- even the website is extremely vague in exactly how his program is to be of help- the PDF file explains why and how people develop phobias- but not how his "techniques" are supposed to get rid of them "instantly".

*amber*Edited by: crimgoddess

Skeptical here too...willing to check things out and have an open mind to things, but nothing worth achieving in life is easy and I feel that way about getting over fears, any type of mental illness and such. On the other hand, I do believe in the mind over matter thing and if you believe that something will work...then it may work for you...like the placebo affect.
    We have got to be able to laugh at ourselves about this!!

you guys are so negative!

I thought this would be a place of positivity.. and I was wrong!

Skepticism isn't necessarily negative- There are people who have struggled with this issue for decades here, and I don't think a computer program promising a cure the "easy way" is going to fix it. It certainly won't hurt- I doubt it will make you worse, and some improvement may occur- but I don't want to see people waste their money on something that "promises" a cure when it likely won't deliver. The fact that the words "fast" and "easy" are used is what makes me extremely skeptical, as people who are working through this phobia at the moment and improving can tell you that it is anything but.

I'm glad that being on the show worked for you- but there is also a big difference between being treated by an actual person, and getting a computer program.

You're not going to find a bigger cheerleader for people going into treatment and beating this phobia than me- but I think it's going to involve a lot of hard work and time, and think that any program that promises a quick fix is likely not going to give it.

Just my opinion- not meaning to be negative, just skeptical!

*amber*

"Fast Phobia Cure" software, is what he calls it. I like to be on the hopeful side, but this sounds like a title that I would never take seriously. If this were true, this guy would be all over the news across the nation.

I have one question: Is the fee refundable if you don't get "cured"?

I'm sorry that I sound negative, but scam artists who thrive on people' vulnerability really p*ss me off soooo bad!
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Leah thanks for the input, I don't want to be mean or rude but guys she's only trying to help you and suggesting.. It worked for her and she thought she would be helping you guys out by posting it. you might feel it's a scam but you didn't have to be mean about it just say no thanks i'm all set thanks anyways. If it worked for her then it might work for others and all she wanted was to help you guys out you don't have to be so defensive about it. Well Leah thanks so much for your post and I'm glad you were cured!

Quote Originally Posted by pino3321

Leah thanks for the input, I don't want to be mean or rude but guys she's only trying to help you and suggesting.. It worked for her and she thought she would be helping you guys out by posting it. you might feel it's a scam but you didn't have to be mean about it just say no thanks i'm all set thanks anyways. If it worked for her then it might work for others and all she wanted was to help you guys out you don't have to be so defensive about it. Well Leah thanks so much for your post and I'm glad you were cured!

You're right--if it cured her, then good for her! But, it just sounds kind of hokey, and when people make a profit on other people's weaknesses, it's just plain wrong. I'm a little sensitive to this subject right now, because I'm trying to help my client right now, who is in end-stage cancer and on meds that have her kind of spacey. Well, her neighbor promised her the world with some legal issue, and had her sign her life and property away to him, knowing full well that she was not of sound mind when she was coerced into signing. He knoew she'll die soon and he'll have her property. So, when I see skeptical things like this, it upsets me. There are some severe emets out there who may not be curable. He can't claim to CURE anything. That's a serious statement to make.Edited by: californiagirl
    ~*~Charlene~*~

Hey, i did watch this program as it was in the uk, so you wouldn't have seen it from being in america and i know this guy does help people, like by changing the way you think, the program was about people scared of flying and he tried different ways of geting rid of the fear, just like a therapist (sp) would.

Im not sure about the site, but it was a real program that he helped people in and showed ways of beating flying phobia, so maybe he could with emetophobia..

Edited by: xroofusx
    TEA!! IS AMAZING!!
    indeed it is! :]

from the sound of it, he is practicing EFT (EMOTIONAL FREEDOM
    TECHNIQUES) or "tapping." i've had a bit of experience with EFT, but
    it has not (yet) worked for me. i've read (from many different
    sources) about countless cases of phobias being cured (fairly
    instantaneously) with theis technique, and while it haven't had much
    success with it, i do believe it works. i'm skeptical of the tape
    though...

I heard about that guy. Was interested because he said he could cure any phobia. My mum was also telling me about the tapping thing. I'll have a look at the web site. Thanks for telling us about your cure. I hope you stay that way and hopefully many of us will also one day be cured.

Katie

Thanks for the insight, Leah. We're not trying to be negative, but a lot of us have spent a very long time dealing with this phobia and it usually when something seems to good to be true, we're very...leary...At least, I am!!

Another reason I'm slightly skeptical, is that you, Leah, area BRAND new member with only a few posts under your belt. Seems kind of weird that at someone's first visit, they post about this awesome cure....

I saw the programme and was impressed but felt let down by the fact that they didn't show us everything in detail about what he did to help you. I saw the tapping but it wasn't explained to the veiwer.I have done making the image of fear into a tiny box with a hypnotist but it didn't work for me. i for one would like to know more.