Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

As far as emetness goes, I think I pretty much overdid myself a couple of days ago.

So we go to Pans & co. (spanish version of Subway I guess) when it looks a bit empty. The workers look like they've been disturbed halfway through their break or something and a couple very slowly mince out and start half-assedly making our meal.

Emet alarm bell #1.

Anyway, we order our baguettes and they very slowly make them. The mayo (emet hell) seems to have been left on the counter for quite a while, whereas they get the ketchup out from the fridge.

Emet alarm bell #2.

As they're preparing the two baguettes, (both are the same) the bread looks a little pale. One of the pieces of chicken falls out onto a tray they have in the middle and they shove it back in.

Emet alarm bell #3

We get our stuff, (eventually) and go to sit down and eat. I realize halfway through eating the baguette I got the one with the chicken that had fallen out. Also my chips are kinda cold.

Emet alarm bell #4.

But I thought, "you know what, screw it. I'm eating this and if it makes me sick then so what, I don't give a damn. It'll do me good for my emet if I end up getting an sv I guess."

So I eat.

And nothing happens. A bit of stomach ache but once I realized that was me panicking a little about the food, I was ok. Absolutely nothing happened.

4 emet alarm bells but no v* or n* or sv*. I was stressing out over nothing.

Somewhat of an achievement for me I suppose. >_>

That's a great story...

I often "challenge" my emet by eating things even after I am almost absolutely positive I will v* after eating it. Then after some time goes by & I don't v*, I usually laugh & say to myself "see...you worried for no reason". That story is definately inspiration for the people who would just decide not to eat at all (which I also do sometimes).

[img]smileys/smilies_04.gif[/img]
    Progress not Perfection!