Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Wisdom Teeth

As you may have seen ive bene having a pretty rough time at the moment and this just isnt ending..

At the moment Im really in alot of pain and its making me n*, Ive taken a pain killer but my god this is just utter hell, I have an absess(sp) in my coming through wisdom tooth..

Im starting antibiotics tomorrow, but I dont know how much longer I can stand this pain its coming from my left hand side of my face right to the front teeth, everything is hurting, when I talk chew drink anything, im tired and I cant sleep with this at the moment..

I know Im whining but hell I cant do anything else, Its affecting my ears as well, I also cant pop them because it hurts my jaw again...

anyone got any ideas on how Im able to try get the pain away??

[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wow... I have no idea, but I just wanted to say that I am really sorry that you are in such hell right now. Hopefully you will feel all better soon.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Shiva thank you!!

Im on the verg of tears, Im dizzy and fed up, you know I thought this would get better but nope...

Im SO scared this is going to make me v*

What a great start to being 20 huh!!

[img]smileys/smilies_11.gif[/img]

Can't you get them removed? I got mine out when I was 19, and most people I know have gotten them out at some point. My boyfriend needs his out, and at 27 it's going to be a bit more difficult than if he had had them out when he was 18-20.

Has your dentist mentioned anything about it?

*amber*

Yea she wants to put a filling in it once the infection has died down, Im thinking though whats the point in putting a filling in it, they arent really needed teeth, she just wants to make money I suppose huh!!

I just feel so n* fed up with this sh*t!

Whats this all about teeth coming through at 20 huh [img]smileys/smilies_07.gif[/img]

Yeah, mine were bad and the dentist said she doesn't fill wisdom teeth, she just takes them out! 2 out, 2 to go, for me!

Good luck and I hope you feel better!

Mary
    "Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right."

Yeah- I don't get that. Part of the reason why mine were taken out was because they had really bad cavities (toothbrush couldn't reach). Instead of bothering with the filling, they were just yanked, since there wasn't going to be enough room in my mouth for them anyway.

maybe a second opinion is in order? I dunno, I'm certainly no dentist!

*amber*

Well yea might get a second oppinion, not looking forward to either happeining really, hoping these abitbiotics take affect quickly tomorrow but dont make me feel n* or v*

One thing, is it ok to take anti emetics with paracetomal, I really needed them this time, first time in a while, the dizzyness is giving me n* and the pain is to, needing to eat something because I feel weak so might as well make use of them.

Also, it will be about 13 hours till I take the antibiotics, will it be ok to take them then after taking the motilium? just dont want an adverse reaction with the two drugs together...

Really hope paracetomal and anti emetics are ok as well..

Ugh what a hassle..

First I am so sorry your in so much pain! Ugh!
    I would say that you should go ahead and have them taken out, though
    i am not a dentist or anything. I got mine out a year ago and it was no
    problem. I never felt n* just so you know if you decide to do that.
    I hope you feel better soon!!!!
    ~viva~

I'm really shocked your dentist hasn't told you get them out because it sounds like you need to have them removed.

I guess UK dentists really are different. In the US they tell literally EVERYONE to have them removed. I got mine out last March and that was quite late compared to other people. I was 19 when I had mine out, but most people I know got them out around 15 or 16.

My dentist first told me to get them out at 16, actually, but I put it off because I was afraid of v*ing after the surgery. What finally convinced me to just get it over with was that. like you, I kept getting painful infections in the skin around the teeth that were half-way in.

I'm glad I got the surgery too, because I don't have problems with pain there anymore, and I didn't have any problems with v*ing afterward either. I actually really wanted to eat soon afterward, but had to wait until the numbness went way to be able to swallow without choking.

Well I may just say to her when I go next for my 3 fillings

Does anyone know if I can take antiemetics with pain killers?

I'm really sorry i have no idea. Maybe you could look up your anti-emetic on the web and see if there is any advice? I really hope you feel better soon x x
    *katy*
    I have removed my myspace address because of our little \"invasion\" but if you want to add me just send a pm

i'm soooo sorry you are feeling like this. i am the QUEEN of absses teeth, i've had so many, and there is absolutly nothing worse than tooth pain! i can't believe that your dentist is not going to pull it out. when there is an infection in a tooth it means the nerve is infected and it has spread to the gums and pulp in the tooth. i could be wrong but the way it was explained to me was when it's infected you're only two options were a root canal or yank it out. and it's really pointless to have anything done to your wisdom teeth because they aren't necessary teeth. i definitly think you should get a 2nd opnion, i'd hate to see you keep having to go through this pain because they didn't do the right thing! keeping your fingers out of your mouthand swishing with water frequently always eased the pain a little for me. good luck!

~Jacque~

Yeah, they need to be removed.....not fillings. My doc had me taking like 4-6 advil at a time for pain, when i had an abcess in my tooth...then i had a root canal done on it...but it waw not a wisdom tooth. Or take ibuprophen. Some kind of pain killer should help you. I am sorry you are in pain, i know how it feels, i spent a whole weekend like that once....but if your dentist doesn't want to take them out, i would go to another one for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"

You will feel better once the infection is gone. I had an infection in my tooth an abcess and the antibiotics cleared up the pain. They can't do anything until that infection is gone. I also could not have my wisdom teeth pulled because they are so close to a nerve. They are concerned if they pull it it could cause nerve damage. Could this be your case?
    Christi
    *^**^***^****^*****^******^**
    Proud Mommy to Zachary

When i had my wisdom teeth it was also very bad. They didn't came all at once. It was one at a time. Fever, "n" pain everything. But i was to afraid to go to the dentist. Because everytime i was in the hospital with an operation i've "v". Good luck with you wisdom teeth. it's really terrible.