Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Hi Guys i need some help,sorry its been so long since I've been online,but i kind of stayed away for 2 reasons,1 i was doing OK and i found the site was only making my anxiety worse at times..And secondly i lost my father and I've been trying to concentrate on staying strong and knew that the site can make my emet be more heightened,if u know what i mean!!! Anyway i hope everyone is well and thank you HALE for your message it was very nice of u to be concerned...What i wanted advice on is I've been on Zispin(mirtazipine) for about 3-4yrs now,as some of u are aware it was a great anti-depressant for me,as b4 i took it i was agoraphobic for 2 yrs and up until a few months ago been able to get out and try and lead kind of a normal life for myself,but i think due to losing my father things have started to go down hill again,and I'm so aware of it more so now after suffering for yrs b4 and knowing the signs,i told my doc that i was getting my panic attacks and anxiety quite bad and he didn't want to up my dosage and he felt i could come through this time on my own ability and strength with out upping my dosage,he put me on a 8week CBT course with a computer rather then a therapist but it hasn't worked for me,its a new thing they are trying in my area,but its more for depression. what i wondered is if anyone knew,does your body get used to a tablet,so to the point that they don't work for u anymore,if this is the case maybe i should look at changing them,the only prob there is i worry about the side affects with some anti-depressants..the one i take at the mo has no side affect of nausea or vomiting,thats why i took it...so could anyone say what works for them and what affect did they have when they first took it,I've tried Seroxalt and it didn't agree withme at all,so thats out of the question...I was suppose to go to a market today and I've had to canx with a friend and he ended up asking another friend to accompany him,and it made me realize how much i don't want to lose my freedom and how being stuck in the house really made me very unhappy and depressed b4...Anyway i hope everyone is doing well themselves and my love goes out to u all

take care and hope to hear from some old members,that helped me b4,and of course new ones lol!!!!!

vicky xxxx

Sorry you are having a hard time but you are doing the right thing by realising what is happpening and wanted to change it. Over the years i took 6 types of anti-depressant as I would get used to it and it would stop working for me. It may be an idea for you to change it and in my experience, going on any of the tablets never made me sick or even come close (I was on amytryptyline, sertraline, fluanxol, seroxat, venlafaxine and I have forgotton the other one but they were all ok).

hope this helps and it it is good to see you back even though I am sorry you are struggling.

Hayley
    Today is the tomorrow I dreaded yesterday and I\'m ok.