Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Ok, for the past few days on and off I have been experiencing horrible waves of nausea...I mean HORRIBLE. Friday evening I felt it, but still went out with my friends, anyway...after a couple of drinks, I was ok. But was feeling horrible again yesterday (Saturday). I'd have periods of feeling fine and other moments of feeling just nasty again. Which sucked because I had to forcemyself to goshopping -- it was my boyfriend's birthday and I had planned his party...That was last night...But....Was up most of the night panicky because I thought I was going to v*. Finally fell asleep. Woke up this morning feeling decent...but have had major nausea again off and on all day. I was hungry at one point and ate, but I regret that because the nausea is just driving me up the wall. I'm not feverish or anything...

I am so afraid that I've got an sv*. I don't know if I do or not. I'm guessing that if I did, I would've experienced d* or v* by now....Or I would've dealt with with a fever or something...And I would never have gotten hungry at all in the last couple of days. I just want this nausea to be OVER and done with. I'm miserable. Panicky.

Do you think it's an sv*?? If not, how do you all differentiate between an SV* or just a bad panicky experience???Edited by: melissarene

ur not preggers by chance are you?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ach....I don't think so. I'm on birth control and all...And actually should be starting my period within the next week or so. It could be PMS maybe getting me going....But I don't remember the last time I felt like this with PMS. I feel icky.

Man, I hope not!!

I just can NOT take this nausea anymore. I have had the worst weekend ever...Sounds silly, but I'm more scared it's an sv than preggos! Heh....I'm a big dork!Edited by: melissarene

Recently i've been having panic experiences like that, intense ones that last for a couple of days. i also honestly thought that i was going to v*, but people reassured me (and i also think it's true) that it was just intense panic. Try to relax and take your mind off it, what helped me was that my dad took me out to get chinese, forced me to eat, and then brought me to see a movie. it was a lot easier because i was distracted!

hope you feel better!

<3 Anya--
    PM me for contact info such as skype, email, or facebook. Thanks!

oh, goodness...i just want this to STOP. i can't deal with this anymore....i feel like i'm going to cry....

The alternation between feeling fine and being extremely n*makes me think pregnancy. I'm going through it right now, for almost 3 months.

I would look into it.

I hope you are feeling better.

BandNerd
    BandNerd

Well, I took a dramamine to help with the nausea and it's helped greatly. I'm sure it's my anxiety or pms getting to me, but now that two people have suggested it, I may consider checking the pregnancy thing....Especially because it's been for so many days in a row.

I just hate nausea..... It adds on to the anxiety I already have and the cycle goes crazy.

To me, this sounds nothing like a stomach virus. With a stomach virus, you're sick, and that's how it is. You're not nauseated, then out having drinks, then going shopping and so on. If this is what a stomach virus is like, then bring it on baby!

Hmm I too suspect pregnancy possibly. I know you're on the pill, but it could still potentially happen. Stomach bugs are mainly where you feel real horrible, but it doesn't let up and you get worse feeling till you have d* or possible v*, then it goes away and you're all better. Svs aren't on and off like that.

How are you feeling now?

I would check the pregnancy thing just to rule it out, but why dont you try and 'record' the times the nausea hits? So is it maybe after you've eaten? Or when you're hungry? Or when you're focusing on your stomach and asking yourself how its feeling? You might realise there is a sort of pattern to the nausea. Also, are you going to the loo regularly? I sometimes get random nausea from being a bit erm.. 'clogged up' for a few days.(TMI Sorry!)

Is the nausea there when you are totally distracted or doing something that takes your mind off your body? And then as soon as you turn your mind to how you're feeling, it comes back? You would definately have been sick by now if it was a bug or FP.

Also, when it happens, is it with any other panicky symptoms, or just nausea alone?

Okay enough questions, hope you're feeling better now anyway!!

Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

Hmm...I'm still feeling a little 'off' today, so I will go ahead and keep track of when it is that I feel n*. This morning, my belly hurts and I'm n*, but I think it's because I so far haven't had anything for breakfast. Even last night, after I made myself eat some saltines I felt a little better. But of course this morning it started all over again.

I will just eat light foods today if I get hungry at all....

You should force yourself to eat...it will help with the feeling n*. If
    your pregnant it will help, and if your paniced it will help because
    its a distraction, and if your just tired and thats why it will give
    you energry to help.
    I love Sam

Well, it's started off to be the 3rd straight day of crap. I had a stomach ache this morning, I think from NOT eating, but eating has NOT helped. I'm barely hungry at all. Not as n* today or anything. Just a belly ache now. And super exhausted.

I'm so tired of not being able to eat....

Honey, you are ANXIOUS. And you know that. Anxiety is what
    gives you those on-again, off-again episodes. You need to do
    something that relaxes and distracts you. Rest. Read, if it
    doesn't make you feel worse. Watch a favorite movie or TV show.

The second thing you need to do is drink as much water as you possibly
    can. Sip it if you must, (or get yourself some ice chips, if the
    cold helps) but get it in there. When you don't eat, you get
    dehydrated, which changes the lining of your stomach...and when THAT
    happens, ANYTHING you throw down into it is going to irritate it.

If you don't drink that water, you're going to have to go to the doctor
    and get fluids through an IV. It's not the worst experience in
    the world, but I personally would still MUCH rather snuggle up with a
    bottle of water at home than have to sit in some scary clinic with a
    needle in me. I speak from experience, sweetie!

So get to drinking already!