Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: frozen food

I'm freaked out right now, and I'm pretty sure it's illogical, but I needed to air it out here.
    I had a part of a frozen burrito, and I'm scared b/c when I went to give the kids some icecream, it was soft, and so was the bread that was also in the door of the freezer. I think it was left ajar for a little while. I checked the rest of the food in the main part of the frezer, and it was all still frozen solid, so I forced myself to eat some of the burrito, to challenge my emet, but now I am scared.[img]smileys/smilies_06.gif[/img]

Im sure that it will be alright, even though it was slightly soft it wasnt totally defrosted and it was still in the freezer..

youl be ok [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This has happened to me as well and we never had any problems. Try not to stress about it.
    \"This too shall pass\"

Oh, yah, it has happened to me a few times....You'll be ok.

I think it would have to be at room temperature (70degrees) for more than 2 hours for it to spoil. Sounds like it was cold, even if not frozen...so don't worry.
    For more info about emetophobia and treatment:

DISCLAIMER ~ Any advice I give on this forum is well-intentioned and given as to a peer or friend or for educational purposes. It does not in any way constitute psychotherapeutic or medical advice. Please discuss anything you may learn from my posts with your doctor and psychotherapist prior to making any decisions or changes or taking any actions.

It should be fine...that has happened to me...and are you okay now?
    Were the kids okay? Not to worry. My bf will eat it even when I tell
    him no...so don't worry...plus our freezer it turned to the max just in
    case...
    I love Sam

I once ate ice cream that had defrosted slightly then been refrozen (unknowingly!) and I was fine. You'll be ok.