Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

Thread: Safe Zones

Hybrid View

Does sharp pain in the stomach mean anything? I know that when I had my s*v* I had such sharp pain in my stomach and abdomen that I could hardly move, so consequently when I feel ANY pain above my navel (I consider that my 'safe' zone, haha) I freak out.

Also the stomach is on the left side, correct? I usually dismiss any pain above my bellybutton or farther right as not being anything to worry about. That and hunger, if I can feel hungry I feel 'safe' as well.

Does anyone else have any things that make them feel 'safe'? I have a checklist of what I just mentioned to go through to help my anxiety and it's been helping me a lot lately.

I generally feel safe if I am hungry. I always carry phenergan with me, as a security blanket. I try not to take it a lot, but having the option is reassuring.

Ha ha thats weird, my safe zone is opposite to yours. If I feel nauseas or have a pain, as long as its in my lower gut below my belly button, I know i'm safe. Thats because for me, if I have D* then the pains are down there, but in the past when i've had FP or SV, the pains or nausea have been above just under my ribcage or across that whole area under my boobs/btw my ribcages.I always suck my stomach in or poke it to see if there is any pain - if its below I don't worry about V*ing at all and I put it down to gas or trapped wind. which it usually is. lol. [img]smileys/smilies_09.gif[/img]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Don\'t regret the things you have done - regret those that you haven\'t!

My "safe zone" is below my belly button. If the pain or weirdness is in my intestinal area, I don't panic as much, though I don't know why ebcause the last sv I had began in my gut with d* and then turned to n*.

But yeah, I have a safe zone too, lol.