Welcome to the International Emetophobia Society | The Web's Largest Meeting Place for People With Emetophobia.

hey everyone, i've been lurking for a while but haven't posted in along time but i've been going through a lot lately and am in definite need of some support. i've been having a lot of trouble with my stomach for about 6 months now but i haven't been able to get to a dr. because of insurance issues (grrr). i always feel n* and i always have this horrible gnawing, burning sensation in my upper stomach. Recently it's been making this absolutely grotesque noise ALL the time, like a deep gurgley rumbling (real descriptive huh? hehe) so i saw a dr last week and they are thinking possibly an ulcer or a hiateal hernia (sorry about the spelling!). on wednesday i have to have an upper GI done and drink this "stuff" while they do like a sono of my digestive tract. Not am i only terrified of that but the night before i have to fast and take a mild laxative, i'm scard i'm gonna be so sick! has anyone ever had to do this? i'm so scared!!! thanks

~Jacque~

Im so sorry honey. I hope everything turns out oaky...my sister had to
    do that...but she was fine no v* and she is prone to it. Let us know
    how you are and how it went.
    I love Sam
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have stomach problems too, i had upper Gi already, they make u swallow barium. It's not gonna make u sick, it's all good. This is a painless test. Good luck!

Hey hun

I have acid reflux real bad and a hiatal hernia. I had to get an upper GI but for mine they knocked me out with IV general anestesia.. (sp?) I was scared i might v* but i couldnt eat atleast 12 hours before the procedure and I didnt need to take any laxatives cuz that was for the lower GI .. you know looking in your intestines through yer behind.. sorry TMI!!! ok.. anyways.. so this all kind of sounds new to me but I did have mine 2 yrs ago. Things may have changed but i hope not cuz i wouldnt want to be awake for that honestly. I slept through the whole thing and woke up to my mother feeding me peaches in a can. It was weird. There was no pain and no v* just really tired. I really hope they are knocking you out cuz they put this numbing crap and other stuff on the camera lens and stick it down your throat to your stomach to take pics.. i cant see why they would want u awake for that! yikes! good luck to you i am sure you will be fine. I ended up being ok!

let us know what happens!
    \"Dance like no one is watching, Love like you will never be hurt, Sing like no one is listening, Live like heaven on earth!\" Mark Twain

Thanks guys! i'm still really nervous but at this point i'm willing to do pretty much anything to figure out what is wrong so that i can stop feeling like this and gain some weight. my friend is gonna go with me, just in casei feel sickand have a panic attack, so that calms my nerves a bit. I'll let you all know how it goes, thanks!!

I had two ugi its not bad you won't get sick

I had an upper GI xray when I was getting tested for my IBS. It is quick, painless, and the barium isn't bad at all to drink. Take a deep breath....it won't be bad. [img]smileys/smilies_01.gif[/img]

so...that was NOT fun, it was awful. i had to chug the whole cup of barium while lying on my stomach while they took xrays, it tasted sooooo nasty!! and haveyou ever had to drnk somethingwhile lying flat on your stomach, it's nearly impossible. i couldn't stand it, but i finished the cup. then they had me sit in a room and drink another cupfull and they were gradually take more pics as it moved down my digestive tract. i couldn't do it, i got about a 1/4 done with the cup and i though i was going to v*!!!! i couldn't choke down another sip! so they took pics every 20-30 mins and eventually it worked it's way down....3 1/2 hours later!!!! by the end i was crying beacuse i felt so s* and i just wanted it to be over with. sorry guys...i was so upset i just needed to vent. i go back to my dr. tomarrow morning to go over the results, wish me luck! thanks for listening to my whining

You poor thing...i feel your pain though. I had the same test...and it did suck really bad. I know it is hard to drink lying down, but i had to do it also. all they found wrong with me was acid reflux....i still have alot of problems though...nothing really seems to help me...good job for making it through the test though, i know it was real rough!!!!!!!!!!
    Kate
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

\"I Wish I Was Still In Aruba\"