Hey all,

Well as some of you may know I'm away for a week visiting in-laws and family a couple states away. We were visiting some friends of my husband's (well, they're now my friends too) and well we ate dinner there, and were talking and such and man I just got so tired and sick feeling and wanted so bad to run out of there (couldn't of course). I mean I like visiting them, but I just when I get real sick feeling get all panicky inside and its all I can do to sit there, and having to act like everything is fine in front of other people its really hard. I know its just because my guts act up on almost every trip, but man sometimes I honestly wish I never had to travel ever and could just stay around home where I know everything and feel safe, but of course I have to make myself. I just wish it were easier, I mean I know things could be a lot worse (I could have any number of worse things), and I try and tell myself that and it helps some, but then my guts start hurting and it all goes out the window. I mean I know most trips my guts are going to hurt, and its nothing really wrong, just ibs or whatever, but its like i always feel like its never going to go away or ruin the whole trip or never get better, but logically i know its not true.Argh now I'm rambling. I just sometimes wish it wasnt always such a mental struggle, especially seeing others who it doesn't affect them or bother them in the least. I guess I was wondering also if others experience this and how do you get through it? I mean its enough sometimes to make me want to refuse to travel for any long periods away from home, but I know in a way that is the "cowards way out" so I just try and get through it as best I can, but I always feel a lot better when we are going home. Edited by: Galadriel